Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, Acquired 300 CRD T Brilliant black, black tints, 58 reg with only 20K miles, I wanted one since they came out, I'm over the moon with it. The dealer Kings of Cheltenham & Gloucester treated me as if I was buying 3 new ones, best dealer experience I've ever received,i'll add another post on that. The only mod I made was add an OEM Anthracite grille, when looking underneath we discovered that its just painted ?...no underseal? I plan on keeping it long term, even when retired from business use so should I underseal it and even waxoyl other panels ? I'd hate for it to rust away.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi,

Very good question.
I dont know the answer but would be interested to know what the long term outlook is for the underbody and general bodywork myself.

I have been lookin around at older Chryslers in general and the bodywork appears not to suffer too much in the UK climate.
My 300c is 3 years old and does look a bit tatty underneath.
I will be interested to hear what other peoples opinions are.

I used Waxoil on my old Ford Granada and that was still good after 12 years use. Did underbody and inside doors etc.

Personally I would never use the thick black sticky stuff that can trap moisture underneath.
I would only use Waxoil.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I would go for waxoil or dynatrol. As mentioned above underseal often traps moisture underneath it and you don't find out until its rotted through the panel.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
My 05 is still rust free underneath,you don't many modern cars that go rusty underneath nowadays

·
Registered
351 Posts
Glad you had a good dealer experience, mine's was not as uplifting, no discount for cash, pisspoor trade price in for my 6 year old Cadillac, they said my 300Crd had been fully serviced yet the oil hadn't been changed, and after shelling out £13500, they presented me the car with the fuel gauge at zero.

If I live to be a 100 I'll never find a car dealer than gives a good deal and doesn't rip you off and isn't a penny-pinching crookster.
It was like they were doing me a favour.

Anyhoo rant over, don't Chrysler give a 7 year anti-corrosion warranty ?, no need for underseal these days.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I think its only a 6yr corrosion warranty but I bet you have to have CUK service history and all yearly corrosion inspections for them not to wriggle out of fixing it.

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,739 Posts
Extract from Warranty booklet (2006 model):

"For sheet metal panels, the limit is 2 years with unlimited distance and for an outer-body sheet metal panel, one that is finished-painted and that can be seen when walking around the vehicle, the time limit is 7 years with unlimited distance".

There are no requirements stated for regular inspections/servicing, but damage due to stones, bird lime, salt, industrial fallout, etc, etc is not covered.

There does appear to be some ambiguity regarding the 2 year warranty, since this follows on from the basic 2 year warranty which is extended to 3 years for cars imported into the UK. It looks as if the corrosion warranty text hasn't been modified (whether by design or accident) to reflect the additional year for UK imports.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Has anyone got a 2008 booklet? I would like to know what warranty it has in one of those. My 08 model came with a 2006 booklet. Thats the reason CUK are saying mine does not have the extended emission warranty and that I have been supplied the wrong book with the car, even though my car was one of CUK's old press vehicles and came straight from them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Has anyone got a 2008 booklet? I would like to know what warranty it has in one of those. My 08 model came with a 2006 booklet. Thats the reason CUK are saying mine does not have the extended emission warranty and that I have been supplied the wrong book with the car, even though my car was one of CUK's old press vehicles and came straight from them.
Worry not, my 2009 CRD came with the 2006 Warranty Booklet.

It's rather confusing, but it seems the 2006 Warranty still applies to all models post 2006.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Cheers, will look forward to seeing what dates in your book
I've had a look and my book is dated 2007.

The basic warranty period is 2yrs unlimited mileage. 3yrs 60,000 miles.

Anti perforation warranty all panels 2yrs.

Anti perforation warranty outer panels 7yrs.

Extended emission warranty 2yrs unlimited mileage, 3yrs 60,000 miles. :frown:

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I've had a look and my book is dated 2007.

The basic warranty period is 2yrs unlimited mileage. 3yrs 60,000 miles.

Anti perforation warranty all panels 2yrs.

Anti perforation warranty outer panels 7yrs.

Extended emission warranty 2yrs unlimited mileage, 3yrs 60,000 miles. :frown:
Thanks for that, I was thinking they were telling me porky's. :censored:

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
882 Posts
My 2007 SRT8 was absolutely clean as a whistle underneath, not a single spot of corrosion, or dirt come to think of it on the actual body. Some of the suspension and drivetrain brackets had a bit of surface rust but personally I've never been under a 3 year old car that was as clean as the 300C. Lot's of bits of rubber around the inside of the rear bumper though, no idea where that came from...............................

Stef

1 - 16 of 16 Posts