Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been loads of chat about changing the wheels, but it's really the tyres I'd like to know about. I have the self-sealing Contis, and they were obviously fitted as OE to deliver the best combo of grip/wear/fuel economy. If I'm willing to sacrifice longevity, will I get better grip/road holding? If so, what tyre would you recommend? I'm favouring Bridgestone Potenzas or Pirelli PZeros, but look forward to sme advice.

Also, I think the C would look good with "moon" style alloys. can anyone recommend some? The closest I can find are Budnik Smoothies.

But if you fit solid wheels like these, will it affect the braking performance? Will the brakes overheat after a few applications?

Thanks,

uncle karl

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
The more unsprung weight and rotational mass the longer the stopping distance which may be offset somewhat by more aggressive grippier Z tires. I think in everyday driving moons won't cause brake fade but watch out on the track, towing, or long downhills in the mountains if you don't do any engine braking. These are concerns even with stock wheels made worse by no air flow moons. Both Bridgestone and Pirelli are world class, IMHO you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I run auto-cross with my S and have become a big fan of both Kumho MX's and Toyo Proxes T1-S. These tires are generally less expensive and perform on par with the Bridgestone SO-3's and a little better than the Pirelli's. They both perform well on dry and wet pavement. They are definitely not all season tires.

Take Care,
DMT

·
Registered
378 Posts
Uncle Karl,

Stay the hell away from the Bridgestone Potenzas. They come OEM on the Nissan 350Z and they stink. The way that they are made cause them to wear at an abnormal rate. Plus they do not like damp or wet or snow covered streets. I replaced them on my "Z" with Michelins and have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have the Toyo's 255/45/20 and love the ride & style of them no problems here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts