Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little apprehensive, but after all the positive reviews, I decided to go with the Vredesteins...

And, Woohoo!! They're here!!

Have to get them mounted and balanced tomorrow, but time to go from slicks and cords

to sweetness...

Yeehaw!! :drive:

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Be sure to post up a review after they've been on a week or two! Plus, don't forget the installed pics! ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be sure to post up a review after they've been on a week or two! Plus, don't forget the installed pics! ;)
Will do :).

Got caught up last week, so won't be getting them on until Monday, but the camera is at the ready... :cool:

275 40 20 on oem wheels,?
what is the price?
Yes, this is just about the widest tire you can fit on the OEM SRT8 wheels without rubbing sans modification. And 275/40 results in an overall diameter of 28.66" (compared to 28.64" for 245/45 and 29.03" for 255/25).

Pricewise, Stefwilli (Stefan) on SRT8OC.com is the go-to guy for D2Autosport (D2 Autosport.com : The Definitive Auto Experience). He ran a group buy last month, but he will give you a great price if you PM him on the forums, and then you can pay securely through their website. They are in NJ, and it took about a week for the tires to get to CA.

This thread covers the ongoing discussion: Are Vredestein prices going up? - SRT8 Forums and Owners Club - 300C - Charger - Magnum - Cherokee

His price beats the current Ebay pricing by atleast $100. :biggrin:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, the Vreds are on and they look great IMO. Perfect fit! My first impression is that they are a little quieter, though comparing them to the worn out F1's may be slightly different than new F1's. Traction wise, I can tell I am getting a little more traction on a hard launch, however I haven't got them out to the twisties yet. Ran a brand new M3 on a fun set of roads near my house a couple days ago, so I'll trace the same route in the SRT8 and make a report.

Oh yeah, with the 4 Vreds Roadforced balanced at my dealer, and a 4 wheel alignment (some specs still out... to be resolved tomorrow) the 80MPH VIBRATION IS GONE!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Now for Pics...

·
Registered
115 Posts
They look great! Can't wait for the update once you've had some miles on them.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Sharp!! Gives a more agressive look along with the performance...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are they still handling good! A fellow SRT8 owner here in SO CAL got a set and WOW! He swears by them................

I'm going to need some tires this year, depending my driving habits. I'm looking to possibly get these.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks Sweet bro.
Thanks!! :biggrin:

Are they still handling good! A fellow SRT8 owner here in SO CAL got a set and WOW! He swears by them................

I'm going to need some tires this year, depending my driving habits. I'm looking to possibly get these.
Just got them on, but they feel great so far. It rained today and they felt very sure footed. I'll contribute more impressions as the miles roll on!! :drive:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts