Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i ordered the slp loud mouth mufflers (just the mufflers) trying to save money by not buying the cat back exhaust and thought ok ill set an appointment and get them put on..so saturday i go to my 10 o clock appointment and sat there for and hour before they even took my car in i was the only one there and still it took that long so then 30 minutes later they were like um its gonna take about 3 hours and that will cost about $340 cause of the briefcase mufflers offset - offset and i couldnt do it cause of an insurance payment ok so my question is i took it somewhere else and he told me it would also be very hard and cost alot for labor cause of the offset and told me id be better off buying the cat back exhaust cause buy the time i got the mufflers, tips, and labor id be buying the cat back anyways do you think i should do it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought the exhaust. It took about 2 hours for them to do everything since they had never installed that catback before.

They quoted me $80 or $90 bucks before they started and thats what I paid.

IMO just buy the entire catback when you can afford it, you wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Man..
Are they jacking you around..I had the cat back thing done,,I used Flowmasters though,
& new tips..Whole deal..$285.00.....2 and a half hours
Look around at some other shops..that aren't busy..they need ya business..
JMO.
Stan

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just remember, you don't need to go to a specialty shop to install a catback!

Any regular Meineke or mr muffler, etc should be able to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts