Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hello, recent new owner of an 08 SRT Design.
3.0 CRD with 45000 on the clock.
Over all pleased with the thing, although I have one or two issues that I am working through.

To start with the car is "minging" on the inside.
THE EGR is knackered, I have the resistor installed and it is booked in for ECU remap including this and the DPF removal. Also it looks like the Swirl motor has failed in the past, again the resistor is installed and it works fine, but my OCD means that I have to have it fixed before I can disable it????. or at least remove the swirl flaps, I cant stand having things around that aren't working, either fix it or remove it.

Couple of issues with the front seat bolsters Collapsed and worn), this also I have this lined up to be fixed.
The whole quality of the interior leaves a bit to be desired, I also have a 08 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the interior is much nicer (to look at and feel) and neither are a patch on my 04 Jag Stype, But bloody hell the car looks effing cool and I paid next to nothing for it.

Ebay bargain that was Cat D with no service history, so I figure I can afford to spend a Grand or so finishing it off and then if I decide to sell I should make a couple of G on it.

Although that is not my plan the car drives real nice and has tones of grunt, most of my time is spent on the motorway between Shropshire and the north east and this beast should get me there and back in comfort and with some good sounds too,

I do plan on a few "tasteful" mods. (making the interior feel and look like the car deserves) was thinking about Green LED, either wrapping some of the interior or a real carbon dash kit, as well as some either sued or leather trim on the doors and centre console.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from Puerto Rico!!!:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Welcome from Australia

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hi and welcome!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from London UK :wave:

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
welcome ..... dont worry, the car is a dream to alter - plenty of stuff available out there to help

one thing you need to check is whether your car is an 08 manufactured car (they slightly altered it in 08), or whether its a late registered 07 ........ if you have a 'beesting' aerial on the roof & the cupholders arent hidden under a small door, its an 08

This would make a difference, if, for instance, you were hunting down Startech leather door panels - theyre different depending on the year

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome from a small town in Ohio!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts