Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a new 2013 300 srt with 374 miles on it. White on black. LOVE the car, its fast, comfortable and beautiful. Completely stock. I now have just over 5000 miles on it, spanked a few people from 40mph starts and lost a few. I have about $3000 of toy money i can spend on the car making upgrades, but i have no idea what would be the "best" bang for my $$$.... looking for suggestions

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i have my LMI cai in the mail (first upgrade). Not sure about buying a cat back system yet, not sure the wife will appreciate the rumble in "her" daily driver... so i've opted to maybe removing the resonators first just to see how i like it. I noticed a couple of valves maybe 8" just in front of the resonators and I'm not sure if these are temp or pressure valves. Im concerned pulling resonators may cause some feedback problems because the sensor valves are so close and i have no idea what purpose they serve. Does anyone know what these sensors are and if it'll cause problems or power loss to remove the resonators...?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks mad dog. i found several other Q & A's that were helpful as well. it would seem those valve springs i was concerned about are really just there to keep the drone sound levels low during MDS. original question answered, awesome!! but while reading about these valves springs i am now getting mixed thoughts about removing the resonators. should i remove the resonators or pull the mufflers?? both?? near positive that removing both resonators and mufflers is Not the right choice for me. so having first Q answered about the valves, should i remove resonators or mufflers? I'm leaning towards still pulling resonators but i'd like to know i've made the right choice b4 spending money doing it. any thoughts or experience with this mod??

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
Resonators first as this will be an incremental increase in sound. See how you like it. Then, if you want more sound, swap out the stock exhaust/muffler for a pair of aftermarket units.

The valves are there for the reason you stated. One thing to be aware of is that with no resonators, and when the car slips into MDS mode, it will drone. You can always turn off MDS with a programmer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
thanks mad dog. i found several other Q & A's that were helpful as well. it would seem those valve springs i was concerned about are really just there to keep the drone sound levels low during MDS. original question answered, awesome!! but while reading about these valves springs i am now getting mixed thoughts about removing the resonators. should i remove the resonators or pull the mufflers?? both?? near positive that removing both resonators and mufflers is Not the right choice for me. so having first Q answered about the valves, should i remove resonators or mufflers? I'm leaning towards still pulling resonators but i'd like to know i've made the right choice b4 spending money doing it. any thoughts or experience with this mod??
I was in your boat 5 months ago, shop told me deleting the resonators and mufflers would be extremely loud and recommended we chop the mufflers (look like fred flintstone rack of ribs under the trunk) and weld the active vales open. Apparently the resonators are very open on these cars and you won't gain virtually any power from removing those (mainly to reduce drone), shop said since those valves are there I wouldn't get any increase in volume until 3500rpms (when they open) and my main goal was the car to scare people upon start up, so I had them weld the valves, when I press the start button- oh baby, everyone looks and all those 63AMG guys get jealous.

Maddogg is right the valves are mainly there for drone and a little back pressure for low rpm torque which I noticably lost after welding the valves open, but I traded that low end umph! For upper end screaming hp. From 4000rpms up the pull is insanely stronger than stock, I can peel out 2nd gear to 110kmh.

Drone- is not bad at all. It only annoys me the slightest after driving for more than 2 hours at 70mph (the drone zone) if you go 60 or 80 the drone goes away, 2200rpms is peak drone for me.

I have a cold air (10hp). Diablo tune (10-30hp) muffler delete and valves opened (10-40hp)
And I recently dyno'd 460rwhp. That's around 560crank. My guess is my homemade exhaust mod gave me 40hp (nmore than any catback). That's my story tho, and I'm very happy with it, all I need now is wider and better rear tires, cause goodyear sucks.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from Puerto Rico!!!:grouphug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts