Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my suppliers at work tried offering me a brand new set of SRT wheels and tyres. Having a 5.7L, I declined. Also, I'm hoping to get some 22's one day in the future.

What is the going rate for a set of these? I'm told tyres are brand new.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Don't know about the going rate on them, but for the record, they don't fit on a non SRT model 300c. The SRT has different hubs and calipers, obviously, but you need spacers to get these to fit on a non SRT 300.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
The going rate is in the $3,000 to $4,000 range. Aussie is right up, without some modification they will rub the suspension on the front on a non-SRT.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
I know snoopdolks fitted them to his 5.7 and had to get them shaved very slightly to prevent rubbing - particularly on hard lock in reverse. Not the best way to do it - but they looked good and he had no issues with them!:)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
hmmm and i was thinking to put them on my V6 before i got my 22's haha thats why the dealer said no when i asked them for the SRT wheels on my car...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
For the sort of money people are asking for SRT-8 wheels, you can probably get hold of some much nicer aftermarket items.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
you CAN put it on non-SRT cars.. just need 3mm spacers for the front. $20.
Yeah but....................illegal in Australia

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
3) who is going to find out
It's all about Risk Management.

Have a bingle and spacers are discovered by the authorities or your insurance and you will be in trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts