Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm currently in a 300c and am planning on upgrading to an SRT8 in the next month or so. Ive gotten alot of mixed reviews on what the best steps to take are when it comes to price vs performance(e.g. supercharger, exhaust, intake etc.) Unfortunately i'm not much of a motor head so im not sure what my best bang for the buck options are. I do know that I am going with an exhaust and intake asap (also looking for advice on brand choice with these). Other than that any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of any good shops in the Las Vegas area that would be a huge help also. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Well first off welcome to the forums. I may not be the best to recommend performance parts but I will say that when you have enough posts under your belt send a PM to "pimp mobile" He's from LV and would be a good bet as to know good performance places down there or if all else fails I'll ask one of the guys in the club up here who just moved from LV recently and he for sure would know. Congrats in advance for the SRT upgrade!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warm welcome. It seems like everyone is pretty friendly and helpfull here so im sure ill get the info on parts from someone. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Anytime, most would definately say get a diablo tuner first though. Names Geoff by the way, you'll see me lurking around the site a lot so if ya ever have any Q's drop me a line. This really is the best place to find answers to all of life's LX Questions. And one other thing I know that the LXer's down there like to meet at the In n Out off of tropicana fairly often so you should meet up with them when ya get a chance, great group of guys down there.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the diablos or any other tuner void your warranty?
If not are they relatively easy to use or do you recommend going to a professional?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Do the diablos or any other tuner void your warranty?
If not are they relatively easy to use or do you recommend going to a professional?
The great thing about the Diablo and other tuners is that you can save your original stock tune and change it back to stock prior to warranty work. the dealerships wouldn't know you've done anything with the stock program. If you forget to cahnge it back and they find that its been modified they could void your warranty so just be sure to change it back. They are relatively easy to use, the diablo has a lot more functions and more options to mess with your tune so ya have to be a little careful and know what your doing when messing with some parts of the system, I have a SuperChips tuner on mine and its by far the most use friendly tuner I've seen, you just answer questions about the power options, transmission settings ya want and it handles the rest. The other great thing is that you can have speed shops do a custom tune on your car that can then be saved to your tuner. that way you can still take it back to stock prior to servicing and re upload the custom tune later. But in my opinion if you don't anything else, at least get a tuner. Most would say go for Diablo Sport Predator tuner. Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Definetly a big help, thanks. Thanks for putting up with my nube qs also lol.
Oh no problem buddy, we were all "newbee's" once and I still have quite a ways to go myself. Always gotta start from somewhere, in no time at all you'll be the one answering the questions for a newbee. Just remember the old saying: "the only dumb question is the one thats never asked"

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
see my signature, thats all i have done and with tuning, you should be able to expect similar gains, with good gas.
always remember every dyno is different, and each will give different numbers, some well below others.

·
Registered
36 Posts
xiaolong

see my signature, thats all i have done and with tuning, you should be able to expect similar gains, with good gas.
always remember every dyno is different, and each will give different numbers, some well below others.
How does your exhaust sound without the resonator? Would a custom exhaust do the same?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
How does your exhaust sound without the resonator? Would a custom exhaust do the same?
takes a bit of getting used to. it is quite a bit louder. there is a "drone" around lower rpms, but my friends tell me it sounds good outside.

a "custom" exhaust, im guessing you mean like borla or something, will be different, maybe not as much drone because they still use resonators i THINK.

it's inexpensive to have done,a couple hundred bucks, so if it's not for you then you can get them put back on.

i posted a clip of the sound but its not accurate, doesnt sound the same in the video as in person.
the video is in the performance mod section under the "exhaust" sticky. first page.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I actually like the way mine sounds without the resonators, I happened to have all the parts to do it for free, well and all the supplies to cut and weld too of course but its definitely the cheapest way to get a lil more of a throaty sound the way they should've come, IMHO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts