Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strut Tower Brace

Razors Edge Dodge Charger Strut Tower Brace Moly- Alloy

This braces features the benefit of super tough 4130N Chrome-moly alloy steel. This makes them more than twice as strong without adding any additional weight. If you're looking for true race car performance and the best strength-to-weight ratio this is the part for you!

Benefits:

* Made from 4130 Chrome Moly Steel

* Each piece is percision welded

* Closed triangle shape for strength and ultimate handling

* Improved Steering response

* No need to cut the underhood liner

·
Registered
42 Posts
interesting- does it attach to the firewall at the midpoint at all? Hard to tell on the website pic.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Yeah I like it. I can also see that adding more strength than the factory one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ordered mine yesterday...i didnt specify any different, so i hope i am getting the matte black looking one pictured on the website.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hard to tell from the pics.

Does it replace the factory brace?

Will there be any drilliing or is it entirely bolt-on?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Its a nice chunk of hardware.

No BS install! I selected mine bare metal so I can paint it.

The pic above with the YELLOW bar is my car. I can post more pics if needed.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Hard to tell from the pics.

Does it replace the factory brace?

Will there be any drilliing or is it entirely bolt-on?

Thanks
Some folks needed to drill out the holes on the bar a bit to make them bigger.
I myself made them a tad bit bigger with a 15/32 bit. Fits nice and tight.

I added this to my already K&Wv2 and Hotchks swaybar setup. Topped it off with a set of Nitto 420s tires and the car kicks a$$.

You will not be sorry you purchased this Strut Tower Brace.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Install??? Performance???

You said that this bar replaces the factory bar??? Do we have one???
Did you have to take much apart to do the install??? How long did it take??? What was the shipping cost for a beast like that??? How much weight does it add??? Did you have to remove the cowl to get the piece in there???

One last question... what do you notice when you drive???

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Its a nice chunk of hardware.

No BS install! I selected mine bare metal so I can paint it.

The pic above with the YELLOW bar is my car. I can post more pics if needed.
Looks great. It is hard to tell if one integrated bar, like yours, is better or worse than 2 separate bars, like the DSC Sport. Pedders said they are working on a strut bar. I am curious what their design will look like.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
You said that this bar replaces the factory bar??? Do we have one???
Did you have to take much apart to do the install??? How long did it take??? What was the shipping cost for a beast like that??? How much weight does it add??? Did you have to remove the cowl to get the piece in there???

One last question... what do you notice when you drive???

Thanks!
The factory bar that runs under your wipers

You can see what gets replaced.

As far as how the car drives. The front end is VERY sturdy. Very responsive and very on queue.

Lets say you are going down the freeway and there is crap in the road, you turn the wheel to get around it. The rest of the car persay takes time to catch up. WIth this device you get instant response.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Looks great. It is hard to tell if one integrated bar, like yours, is better or worse than 2 separate bars, like the DSC Sport. Pedders said they are working on a strut bar. I am curious what their design will look like.
2 seperate bars imo is 2 different ways the car can behave.

With DCS depending on what car you have may or may not fit correctly and some other mods may have to be made.

As far as Pedders device, time will tell. Also along the lines of Pedders costs will tell also. LEts be honest here, their product isnt cheap by any means.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
2 seperate bars imo is 2 different ways the car can behave.

With DCS depending on what car you have may or may not fit correctly and some other mods may have to be made.

As far as Pedders device, time will tell. Also along the lines of Pedders costs will tell also. LEts be honest here, their product isnt cheap by any means.
I have the DCS bar because I don't care about the engine cover and the price was right. I am just trying to understand the different design ideas. The reason I mention Pedders is they may provide some "scientific" research and analysis how/why a strut bar helps our car.

After I installed my strut bar I pushed the car hard on some twisties and I believe there is a difference in handling. The inside front wheel seemed more connected/planted to the road, instead of bouncing up/down because of the loss of traction. Another way of describing it, when making a hard right turn, the right front wheel has more solid contact with the road which improves handling and control.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts