Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys I am bored. I love the sound from this sub I really do. It started out facing back, and it was not good because the trunk rattled too much. I put a bunch of dynamat back there and it sounds better. After facing the sub up it stopped rattling even more.

Now I want to change the look. I am THINKING of facing this 12" woofer up through the rear deck in a enclosure hanging from the rear deck, with a hole for the sub facing into the cabin (I would have to rebuild the rear deck from the inside). OR I might change to 2 10" woofers in the same type of hanging enclosure. I did this once before with a 8w7 JL sub and it sounded sweet, just not enough bass. The reason I like this set up is it sounds better like a hatchback because the sound does not have to travel far, and also LESS vibration from bass in the trunk!

Here is the current set up (this will be for sale too when I decide on my new set up). I currently have one Alpine S type sub and a small Alpine amp to power it.

Thank you all in advance for your input and new enclosure thoughts...

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just took some measurements... No way to get a 12 back there, its not deep enough front to back.

I have about 12" or so, and the sub width is 12.5 for a 12" woofer (at least the one I have).

Does anyone know what the little box is back there in the middle of the rear deck on the underside? Its right in the way LOL

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happens if I dump that thing? Dings all the time?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah I stopped the front ding... Just didnt know if it would cause some trouble. Nice pic thank you

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many people feel the rear fill speakers are worthless and not needed? Anyone?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fiberglass Forums

this one is very very rough... but kinda what I am looking for... with 2 10"

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts