Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
The "Bently" style grills are getting so played out...

Everywhere I look I see another Bently style grill. Oh well, I am sure they will sell...

·
Registered
19 Posts
does that etched background come with the grill? I assume the center sticker is an option that you stick on yourselft.. but if that etched part is actually on the grill.. then yukky doo doo!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
e&G ACTUALLY GOT A SEIS AND DESIST ORDER BY DCX, FOR HAVING CUSTOMERS PUT THE CHRYSLER WINGS ON THERE GRILL. THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE NEW GRILL DESIGN. AND I BET IT DOESNT SAY "JUST USE THE CHRYSLER BADGE IN THE GRILL"

PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS AS HEAT TOWARDS E&G....

MY OPINION AS A CAR BUFF, I THINK THEY JUST WASTED SOME MONEY ON TOOLING THAT DECORATIVE STUFF...THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST FOCUSED ON MAKING THE LOWER INSERTS...OH, WELL GUESS THEY DONT LISTEN TO THERE CUSTOMER BASE...

TZ

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
tommyz said:
e&G ACTUALLY GOT A SEIS AND DESIST ORDER BY DCX, FOR HAVING CUSTOMERS PUT THE CHRYSLER WINGS ON THERE GRILL. THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE NEW GRILL DESIGN. AND I BET IT DOESNT SAY "JUST USE THE CHRYSLER BADGE IN THE GRILL"

PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS AS HEAT TOWARDS E&G....

MY OPINION AS A CAR BUFF, I THINK THEY JUST WASTED SOME MONEY ON TOOLING THAT DECORATIVE STUFF...THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST FOCUSED ON MAKING THE LOWER INSERTS...OH, WELL GUESS THEY DONT LISTEN TO THERE CUSTOMER BASE...

TZ
They will when they don't sell many.

·
Registered
887 Posts
That one is UGLY!

I got my lower grill inserts...so E&G is out of luck with me!

·
Registered
66 Posts
While I think the aftermarket grills are nice, I really think the factory version is what carries on the legend of the car.

The 300 letter series cars were a special breed and with the hemi addition, legendary.

When I was a kid, a neighbour had a '63 era 300 with the 413 long ram induction system.

to change the spark plugs, you needed to take off the front tires and unbolt these access panels cut into the front fender wells, you ever see that on most muscle cars?

It had a factory exhaust and headers that were huge, and included cross over pipes, amazing! and talk about fast!

On the highway, he said to me: "too pass a car you have to change lanes first, then hammer it or your going to go right through the back of him."

He was right, I couldn't believe what that car was capable of. (of course we didn't take any corners too fast).

If I were to do anything to the grill I would just want a more chromed-out version of the factory one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Jon from E&G. The reaction to our new Ultimate grille is exactly what we expected. It's bold and it's unique. The frame is a more uniform width with more radius. Also, the frame is beveled which offers a smother finish. The ornament is literally three dimensional and features the uniquely patterned laser cut indentations across it. It is raised slightly from the frame which adds depth to the ornamnet and grille. And most importantly, the entire grille, frame, mesh and the ornament are triple nickel chrome plated. The finish is superb. This grille doesn't just shine, it radiates light! The old saying a picture doesn't do something justice, this is a perfect example. It is impossible to capture the brilliance of the finish of the grille in a photo.

We are so confident in the quality of the new grille, we are offering a full limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. That is unheard of with chrome plated parts.

As to using Chrysler's logos and trademarks, E&G is the most recognized grille manufacturer in the industry. We do not use Chrysler trademarks or logos due to this. We don't use any OEM logos on our grilles by choice. If an aftermarket manufacturer is not licensed to use a logo, he is simply breaking the law. However, after a customer purchases a car they are free to make any modifications to it they desire.

The E&G "Ultimate" grille is just that, the finest looking best built 300 mesh grille on the market. Pricing will be available in February and I can guarantee anyone interested in a grille with this type of quality fit and finish will be pleasantly surprised.

BTW, we are constantly trying to get the lower mesh inserts into production. We now have prototype parts just about ready to run. Our priorities are with the customers that want to purchase the grille first. We are not ignoring the inserts.

Thanks for the input!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Jon, thanks for your great description. I love my E&G grill. Your quality is excellent.

Now, about the lower inserts . . .

If you search this forum, you will find dozens of posts - and photos where owners are fabricating their own. Why? Because the C needs them. There are three front grills on this car. Strut recognized this right for the start.

No matter how many new main grills you make, most purchasers will feel the need for the lower grill. Why leave a bad taste in their mouths, when you could just make these?

I sourced a company called McMaster for some T304 stainless steel mesh. I posted their link. Some of the members here have ordered a small sheet to make their own. I am about to do the same.

I would much rather buy them from you. This forum represents thousands of avid C fans, most of whom want to do minor appearance mods.

Please keep us happy, Jon.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
For those that don't care for it they can always buy the $3,300 Strut grille. It also has a redone wing. At least you can put the round Chrysler emblem in this one. The Strut version you can not.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
tjonathan said:
Jon from E&G. The reaction to our new Ultimate grille is exactly what we expected. It's bold and it's unique. The frame is a more uniform width with more radius. Also, the frame is beveled which offers a smother finish. The ornament is literally three dimensional and features the uniquely patterned laser cut indentations across it. It is raised slightly from the frame which adds depth to the ornamnet and grille. And most importantly, the entire grille, frame, mesh and the ornament are triple nickel chrome plated. The finish is superb. This grille doesn't just shine, it radiates light! The old saying a picture doesn't do something justice, this is a perfect example. It is impossible to capture the brilliance of the finish of the grille in a photo.

We are so confident in the quality of the new grille, we are offering a full limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. That is unheard of with chrome plated parts.

As to using Chrysler's logos and trademarks, E&G is the most recognized grille manufacturer in the industry. We do not use Chrysler trademarks or logos due to this. We don't use any OEM logos on our grilles by choice. If an aftermarket manufacturer is not licensed to use a logo, he is simply breaking the law. However, after a customer purchases a car they are free to make any modifications to it they desire.

The E&G "Ultimate" grille is just that, the finest looking best built 300 mesh grille on the market. Pricing will be available in February and I can guarantee anyone interested in a grille with this type of quality fit and finish will be pleasantly surprised.

BTW, we are constantly trying to get the lower mesh inserts into production. We now have prototype parts just about ready to run. Our priorities are with the customers that want to purchase the grille first. We are not ignoring the inserts.

Thanks for the input!
I hate to ask..But..just what is the expected price to be for this masterpiece?
Hope it's not as much as the T-Rex.
Just my thought.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will E&G still be offering their original grille for a little while longer? I dont want to get stuck buying this new one. I can totally understand the new superior quality.. but that etching ruined it for me. I just wish I can get that same exact quality grille, sans the etch. whatever.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Very nice. It definitely is more uniform; like the Strut.

Can someone photochop this grille with say...body color instead of the chrome surround? Trying to get a metal picture. I think it will look cool and maybe if it does, convince E&G to make one that's NOT chrome to get body-matched paint on it.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Look at those yellow fog lights, like the grille and have installed one home made lower mesh insert, other side pending. E&G snoozed and lost on the lower mesh for many of us. I would have been one of the first buyers.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
How about this new E&G grill

I found this new E&G grill for $475 and it looks as good as the strut and the the other new E&G grill thats $700 + odd dollars

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts