Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tire Feedback Needed!!!

I'd like to ask for some feedback on the dilemma I'm currently facing. I currently have Goodyear Assurance Comfortread tires on my 300C. I've been really happy with tires and haven't had any problems with them until recently. Not to long ago the shop where I work was slow, so I asked my manager if I could bring in my car and have my tires rebalanced and have an alignment done, he said to go ahead and I brought the car inside. One of the tire techs was rebalancing my tires when he noticed that one of the rear tires was wobbling on the balancer. I checked the tire and noticed there was a very slight wobble but nothing to be concerned about. The car rides smoothly and don't feel anything while on the road, but I'm considering getting the tires replaced. Since I have the AWD 300C and anyone who has any AWD vehicle knows that if you need to replace one tire it's better to replace all four because of the TPMS Sensors and the overstrain one new tire puts on the older three. So here are my options and here is where I need your input. Should I :

1. Get another set of of Comfortreads and be done with it

2. Try something different like the Michelin Primacy MXV4 Tire

3. Go a bit bigger and go with a 235-50-18 and get a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires.

Decisions!!! Decisions!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would suggest the michelens in the stock size or put on 255/55/18 which i put on my car 300c which looks alot better in my opinion.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think a lot depends on your driving style and conditions driven in.

I'm aggressive and located in the south with little snow, mostly dry or rain conditions. I wanted a more performance tire that still had a good wear rating so I went with Yokohama's AVID H4S's.
My next choice was the Michelin's, but they were too new for any reviews and in typical Michelin fashion, expensive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Look into the TOYO Proxes 4...

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am a big fan of Michelins but Goodyear Assurances have the best tread wear characteristics. Walmart and SAMs can get them for you at a reasonable price....

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the Michelins for about 3k miles now and very satisfied with them. Like you I did my research before I purchased and decided on the Michelin's due to a lot of 300 owners recommending them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts