Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad gave me his 06 300C. I already have all of the exterior mods I want, but am clueless as what to get as far as performance goes. Im familiar with intakes, headers, exhaust, but what should I get?! I have about $2,500-$3000 to work with. help!! : ) thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
He gave you his 300c? wtf...lol. I wish my dad would have given me my 300c, then I woulda had 26,000 for performance parts. lol.

Sorry I can't answer your question specifically though, I havent looked much into performance either. But then again, my motto has always been that you don't have to go fast to look good. :biggrin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeah haha, I wasnt expecting it to happen! I just want to upgrade it and not have to tweak it and worry about other parts failing because of the upgrades... need help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, i was thinking of getting that , afe stage II cai and a borla/corsa catback, any other suggestions? what are these 180 therms?

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Some guesstimates...

So my dad gave me his 06 300C. I already have all of the exterior mods I want, but am clueless as what to get as far as performance goes. Im familiar with intakes, headers, exhaust, but what should I get?! I have about $2,500-$3000 to work with. help!! : ) thanks!
Best bang for the buck in order for adding HP(just parts, no shop time):

-180 Tstat <$10 = 5hp = $2 per horse
-Cam <$500 = 50hp = $10 per horse
-Predator <$500 = 20hp = 15$ per horse
-AirHammer CAI <$500 = 15hp = $30 per horse
-Forced Induction <$6000 =140hp = $40 per horse
-LT Headers w/HF cats <$1500 = 25hp = $60 per horse
-Heads <$2000 = 25 hp = $80 per horse
-CatBack exhaust <$1500 = 10 hp = $150 per horse

These are only guesstimates and the list will shuffle if you add shop time for the install.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i ordered a diablo predator and afe stage II, im going to order a catback soon! anything i should know in advance?

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Im familiar with intakes, headers, exhaust, but what should I get?! I have about $2,500-$3000 to work with. help!! : ) thanks!
If you have a spare $3000 laying around, buy about 150 American Eagle 1oz silver coins. In a year or 2 you'll have $6000 for mods.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
i ordered a diablo predator and afe stage II, im going to order a catback soon! anything i should know in advance?
A 180 degree thermostat would be an inexpensive and nice compliment to what you have. The canned performance tune from Diablo will work well with these mods. If you plan any further mods such as heads, headers, cam you'll want to get one of the vendors to give you a CMR tune. Spend some time with the Predator and get to know its functionality. There are a lot of options and the ability to tweak things like torque management, shift points etc.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I agree with everyone on here. CAI and Diablo Predator are a great first step. Exhaust is commonly the next step. Followed by Head and Cam package.

Yes the Predator comes with a few pre-programmed tunes that will make a noticable improvement to your car. But to realize the maximum out of that power tool, you should take it to someone who can dyno tune your vehicle.

Give me a call, Id love to give you a couple quotes.

Have a great day!!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
should i buy the usb interface kit for the diablo predator?
Most modern day laptops and desktops (last 5 years) do not have a 9 pin serial port so you may need to as the Predator is 9 pin only.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts