Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Very nice.

For HID, I recommend Diode Dynamics. (They were a vendor member here but not listed now...don’t know what happened). I have used them twice, first on my ‘13 and now my ‘17. A number of others here have also used Morimoto with good results. From all my research, those are the only two I can personally recommend.

DD also has a new LED headlight solution but the jury is still out on those. I don’t think they work for our cars due to the sealed back cap...not enough room for a massive enough heat sink for a super, duper LED. Technical term there. Most other cars with LEDs have multiple bulbs to get the brightness down the road. With our single projector housing with room for only one bulb, the LED has to be huge with a huge heat sink. Won’t fit. Now some people claim an LED will work, but I think the lumens on the road are probably superior with HIDs. The OEM LED is a different bulb with different housing.

So, I recommend the HID kit. Also, if you want brightest light, go for 4300K color. To match LED daytime running light, the 6000K is best, but not as bright (some bluishness). I chose 5000K color as a compromise, which is just fine with me. Note that HIDs dim slightly with age but more importantly they start to go blue. For that reason, I didn’t want to get 6000K. 8000K are definitely blue and verging on purple-ish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you, I'll definitely check those both out.

Yea I was watching some videos where they said LED bulbs don't go well with projector housing. So ill stick to HID bulbs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definitely add the spoiler. Mine is also a black 2017 s with the same wheels like yours. Spoiler definitely adds some extra “flair”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Maybe sometime down the line. Most important thing for me is the tinted windows cause I can feel ppl staring into my soul.

@tommyd75 can you post a picture

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is a closeup. I have added tint film to the brake lights and rear reflectors. I also replaced the rear chrome badges for the black badges with red accents from the 2020 models that have the Red S appearance package. I need to take some better photos. Also shows the smoked fender reflectors with led lamps. They really blend in well.

P.S. I also changed the grill to a SRT style grill.
It’s not OEM but it’s identical to the SRT grills.
I just didn’t put the SRT badge since I don’t want to do something called “up badging”

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looking nice man. One thing I hate about black paint is how you can see all the dust collecting on mine. What'd you use to get that mirror finish?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually I haven’t done anything to the finish since I bought it a few months ago. I’d like to wax it before winter hits.
It has 31k miles on it and looks pretty nice but up close there are all kinds of scratches and knicks. I bought the official Mopar touch up stick and filled in some of the knicks. I’ve debated what to use on it to wax and then do some kind of sealer before winter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pretty good. I used it mostly in the nicks like on the edges of the the doors.
Also I was able to take some photos of it today if you wanted to get an idea of what the spoiler looks like with the same wheels and color as yours.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Clean af man. I like the look of the blacked out tail lights. Not sure how I feel about the spoiler to be honest. It looks good from some angles though

21 - 35 of 35 Posts