Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am totally lost and am having a bit of trouble navigating thru the site. I am not that computer literate but struggling along. I would like to use this site to become better informed about my new car. I just bought a 2006 300C about 2 weeks ago and love it. I have been looking for a late model 300C and found it on the internet. I had to drive about 300 miles to get it. Got an unbelievable deal from a car dealer who had to unload it. I was very skeptical at first but, after looking at a Carfax report and the dealer's papers on the car, I realized it was a valid deal. I bought it with 22's already on. I would rather have the origional 18" wheels but am not complaining. The car is loaded with every option except AWD and rear entertainment. I didn't know all this stuff was even available on a vehicle. I spent about 3 days trying to learn the Navigation system on it (I did not get an Owner's manual). Why do Americans throw away the Owner's manuals anyway? My kids are all grown up and I have a bunch of grand and great grand kids. I just retired in December and love old cars. I have a 1955 Chevy Bel Air, 1963 Corvair Monza Convertable, and 1986 Chevy Monte Carlo. I have been a mechanic most of my life but now only work on family projects. Thanks for letting me join your site. David :arms:

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Welcome David, the site will become easier to navigate pretty quickly, but you can click this link for some TIPS that may help speed the process.

We seem to have similar taste in vehicles besides the 300...
I drove an '86 Monte Carlo SS off the showroom floor and you can check out the '55 Nomad in my sig and photo gallery

Enjoy the forums! :)

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Welcome David!!! You got the right forum to introduce youself, so that's a good start.

You can get an owners manual here - My Chrysler: Chrysler Owners Service Manuals - Chrysler Cars, Minivans, SUVs, Convertibles, Crossovers.

As far as navigating the site goes, a good place to start is to read this thread - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ne...e/14706-handy-forum-use-tips-all-members.html. There's a ton of useful information there. Eventually, after 4 posts you'll probably want to upload pics of your ride. When you're ready I can guide you through the easy steps.

Basically this site is made up of a number of "forums", all meant for specific topics. If you click on "Forum" on the location bar at the top of every page, it'll take you to all the various forums which comprise the site. Just read the description and you should have no problem.

Personally what I do is use Active Topics. It's also on the top location bar. That takes you to the most recent threads that have been posted in, regardless of the forum. Give it a try.

If you need any other help, just post here. Once you get the hang of it you'll have no problems at all. There's always someone here to give you a hand anyway.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Looks like these folks got you on your way.. let me know if we can help in anything!

·
Registered
688 Posts
David,
Welcome aboard.
You'll find this site super friendly,as well as very helpful.We all go out of our way to help out one another,and by the way -- over here there is no such thing as a stupid question!! So go right ahead & get involved.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley. Who needs a manual when you've got all of us. There ain't nuttin' that gets by this crowd... especially Rambit! LOL

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Great introduction, David! Welcome to the forums! Looks like HEMEEE and Rambit have taken good care of your questions and needs.

Hope you will come back soon. Lots of members will be here to assist you so please don't feel uncomfortable about anything. We were all once new to some forum and have eventually learned how to navigate well with practice.

bruno

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
welcome from vegas

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi David, and welcome to the forum from Scotland. Like you I have always been into old cars as well as modern ones and run a Triumph Stag for summer weekend use (before that it was a Morris 1800 Landcrab and an Austin Cambridge A60 - grand old cars). I have been on this site for about 7 months now and have yet to see anyone crtiicised for not knowing what they are doing or for asking a queston. We are here to help each other not carp (or crap) at each other. So enjoy your new car and enjoy your time on here.
Cheers John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im a Newbie too !

HI all, Just joined yesterday im in UK and have only had my ride since November and done some stuff to it.

Does anyone know in UK (essex) where I can get some decent wheels and a bodykit inc fitting and sprayed? without shipping from USA?

Will get pics soon of ride when i play more on this site

My Ride

300C 3.0V6 CRD Saloon Silver

My mods include

twin DVD headrest sytem inc Freeview DVB-T
chrome door A+B pillars & rear Qtr
boot spoiler
Startech Grille (Bentley type)
Shark Fin Roof Aerial
Blackout front headlight covers in fog lamps
Rear light blackout spray
Personal number plate