Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this probably has been asked 1000x times but I searched and could not find a direct answer. Here is my deal, I have the factory BA 8 speaker setup non-nav just the single cd player with aux input on front of it.I like how it sounds just not enough boom in he car right now... I want to keep the factory amp and deck sub just add a amp to the car with 2 12s.

My buddy said to use line out converts off the front speakers to get the rca inputs then run that to a say phoneix gold line driver and then from there to a kicker zr1000 with 2 jl w3 subs. I have the amp and sub but does the rest sound correct.

He said to use a line driver to boost the signal strength off the factory deck, I
dont no if this is true or not or if it will even work. Please help I have not found direct answer on anything like this on the forum, or even tell me what I would need. I really dont want to buy that rf 360.1 or clean sweep thing but If I had to then I would.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'll give you the little bit of knowledge I have. Someone will probably chime in who knows a little more. Don't use the front speakers because they are crossed over to produce highs (I don't know the exact frequency). The door speakers are crossed over for lows and I believe the rears are full range. Before I got my aftermarket deck, I just tapped into the rear speakers and used my amp to adjust the frequency. I have no complaints. I don't know much about a line driver and all that stuff so someone else will have to let you know about that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Your buddy is correct about a line driver, it does boosts the signal acting like an amplifier... but, i would no do it because your goin from a factory unit. once you install your amp and subs, you'll see you don't need more...btw if you go with a ported box and those w3's you'll have more than what you need.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I know this probably has been asked 1000x times but I searched and could not find a direct answer. Here is my deal, I have the factory BA 8 speaker setup non-nav just the single cd player with aux input on front of it.I like how it sounds just not enough boom in he car right now... I want to keep the factory amp and deck sub just add a amp to the car with 2 12s.

My buddy said to use line out converts off the front speakers to get the rca inputs then run that to a say phoneix gold line driver and then from there to a kicker zr1000 with 2 jl w3 subs. I have the amp and sub but does the rest sound correct.

He said to use a line driver to boost the signal strength off the factory deck, I
dont no if this is true or not or if it will even work. Please help I have not found direct answer on anything like this on the forum, or even tell me what I would need. I really dont want to buy that rf 360.1 or clean sweep thing but If I had to then I would.

I will say that the front door leads from the amp would be a good place
to tap for the signal to your subwoofers. That signal is low-passed around
120hz and it strong enough that you do NOT need a line driver.

If you are only adding subs, then outside of your subs and amps, a LOC
is all you need.

So to confirm:

1. YES, tap the front door speaker leads
2. NO, you do not need a line driver in this car, that bass feed in the doors is already cranked.
3. disconnect the rear 8inch sub or even think about removing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts