Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd stop in and say hi and show off my 2014 300 SRT with a Whipple Supercharger, Stainless Works long tube headers and a custom Diablo tune by Motiva Performance in Albuquerque.

This thing runs as smooth as it did when I bought it new but it is now running like a scared rabbit!

So, with it making 644 RWHP, this thing is awesome. I would like to find out about other members who have supercharged their SRTs for other hints and tricks. I do have a few hints of my own for anyone considering adding a supercharger to their SRT.

Who needs a Hell Cat?!

I wish I could, as a new member, post a Youtube link to the dyno run.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The YouTube linky can be posted after you have 4 posts or you can send it to me in a PM and I'll post it for you.

Did the dyno shop or the S/C installer express any concerns over transmission survivability with the mods that were done?

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
That should be a beast. Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply and info!

They stated that they have really life long performance with cars tuned up to around 600 RWHP. I am over that number, but as always.. it just depends. They believe the transmission is robust enough to easily handle that HP and more importantly the torque. Of more concern is actually the crank and lower rotating assembly. They know of cars that have gone 100,000 miles with similar setups, but it may all hinge on how you drive. I don't race and once in awhile get on it. Keep the oil changed earlier and the tranny serviced earlier than recommended and should be good.

If I am routinely at the top RPM/power range, that could have a significant impact.

I do know there are some "fairly minor" transmission mods that can help the transmission handle the added power, but I need to re-research them.

Also, lower boost with long tube headers helps to make safer horsepower, at least for the top of the engine. I will PM you with the Youtube link.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from Puerto Rico!!!:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from London UK :wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts