Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, folks, my 08 300 Limited is 2mos old and after finding you guys I think its going to cost me more than I promised my wife! But, Ive ordered and received my chrome piller post covers via wooddashexperts and today im ordering the upper window trim set via wyckoff, as well as the stealth light pkg. via stealthauto.com, thanx, Aaron! What I need to know is if there is some temperature restriction in adding the piller post covers, ABS material w/ 3M backing? Im in Michigan where it is a sure 15-20 dF all day. Also, I found on the forum where the Upper Window Trim kit installs pretty easily but could not figure out if I need to remove the door panels. Should the clips snap under the piller covers?
Thanx, folks, Im sure this is a long post!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Not a long post at all. I know how you feel about the modding thing. I promised my wife I was gonna do too much modding when I bought my 300C a year and a half ago. Now it seems as though I can't stop.

Your question about adhesion and cold weather. I would at least heat up the adhesive with a hair dryer and then apply. If you don't you may run into problems with it coming back off.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i Know What You Mean About The Wife,wait To She Sees The New Rims I Ordered,she Has No Idea There Coming .i Put My Chrome Mirrors On Last Winter With The 3m Tape When It Was Cold Out In New York ,to Date No Problems

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hey, folks, my 08 300 Limited is 2mos old and after finding you guys I think its going to cost me more than I promised my wife! But, Ive ordered and received my chrome piller post covers via wooddashexperts and today im ordering the upper window trim set via wyckoff, as well as the stealth light pkg. via stealthauto.com, thanx, Aaron! What I need to know is if there is some temperature restriction in adding the piller post covers, ABS material w/ 3M backing? Im in Michigan where it is a sure 15-20 dF all day. Also, I found on the forum where the Upper Window Trim kit installs pretty easily but could not figure out if I need to remove the door panels. Should the clips snap under the piller covers?
Thanx, folks, Im sure this is a long post!
JCW- Welcome to the forums, to the 300, and to the joys of modding. There is so much knowledge (and money spent) on this forum that it WILL cost you more than you promised. The great thing that you should be able to find someone who's done a mod that you might want to do, and see if you like it first.

I remember when i first bought my car I began searching for an answer to a license plate bracket question...countless mods later....I'm still wanting to do more. Have fun with your 300, it's your canvas to do what you like.

Not a long post at all. I know how you feel about the modding thing. I promised my wife I was gonna do too much modding when I bought my 300C a year and a half ago. Now it seems as though I can't stop.
Your car is looking very good and I can't wait to see it again March 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts