Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might need new tyres, mot coming up but they will prob pass, not sure.
Any opinions on best bet for about £100 each, fitted with 265/35/22 Nexen.Im happy with these for price paid about £100 and wear is good as they have been on 5 years and approx 30k miles and should still pass mot (I think).Running at 40 psi
Is the assumption correct that you can't have grip and good wear?ie soft compound equals grip and poor wear and hard compound equals poor grip but good wear?
Positives of Nexen are, good price, good wear, average grip
Negatives are, above average road noise, not convinced on ride comfort although not bad.

Whats a good tyre for £100

·
Registered
654 Posts
Might need new tyres, mot coming up but they will prob pass, not sure.
Any opinions on best bet for about £100 each, fitted with 265/35/22 Nexen.Im happy with these for price paid about £100 and wear is good as they have been on 5 years and approx 30k miles and should still pass mot (I think).Running at 40 psi
Is the assumption correct that you can't have grip and good wear?ie soft compound equals grip and poor wear and hard compound equals poor grip but good wear?
Positives of Nexen are, good price, good wear, average grip
Negatives are, above average road noise, not convinced on ride comfort although not bad.

Whats a good tyre for £100
There isn't one!

Seriously though, on a car of this size and performance you'd be nuts to put cheap crap tyres on. You really need a budget towards £200 a corner and I'm happy to report my Vredesteins are excellent - although I'm not sure if the Sessanta design is still available.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I play safe and stick with Pirelli P7s - they also come with the correct speed rating. I only paid £100 each for the last pair, but they were on special offer at the time.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I play safe and stick with Pirelli P7s - they also come with the correct speed rating. I only paid £100 each for the last pair, but they were on special offer at the time.
Fortunately (IMHO!) I don't think you can get P7s in 265/35/22. I have to say that whilst I never had issues with my first 300C on 18" wheels and P7s, with my second 300C on 20" wheels, it is only time that I have been frightened driving a car, when the car skittered and twisted at 70+ mph changing lanes on a motorway. After switching to Vredesteins, the handling was back to rock solid stable. My Vredesteins were under £100 a corner when I got them in 2014, but prices seem to have rocketed since then ::frown::.

I echo your sentiment on speed rating, it's irresponsible to put anything else on. Don't buy the car if you can't afford the shoes! And if you're spending more on a tank of fuel than a tyre, something is seriously wrong.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got a set of ACCELERA IOTA 102V tyres on my car. Had them on for a year and a half, not had any issues whatsoever and would recommend them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts