Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: New pics and questions/ideas on Page 2.

Just finished the install a few minutes ago. Let me tell you it was no walk in the park compared to a regular grille install. Had to get the fit just right, trim bumper Styrofoam, trim a few of the grille mounting studs that were hitting the actual bumper.

Fitment is not 100%, but damn near close. I had to have spent over an hour just trying to get it to fit perfect but it wouldn't no matter what. I give it a 95-96%

All in all I love it! Changes the look of my car big time. I have to admit it doesn't look as good on a touring bumper as a C or SRT8 bumper but looks damn good for a touring.

Heres a few pics:

install1 (Large).jpg install2 (Large).jpg install3 (Large).jpg install4 (Large).jpg

Sorry crappy iphone pics, but when i get the car all detailed ill get a nice camera. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Looks really good!

However, like the poster above... I'm wondering why you went with painting the foam behind it on the bottom a similar white, which makes it really visible behind the mesh. I know the stock sort-of-black foam is still visible, but if you're going to the trouble of painting... why not a good flat black to hide the fact that it's there?

·
Registered
446 Posts
im not sure, but I think I like the wing.... Something dont look right but I cant figure it out. overall its still nice, but if I were you I would get some flat black paint, drop the front fascia and paint your bumper flat black so you dont see it through the grill

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
yup , they are right , u gotta paint the metal bumper behind there satin black ...we are installing another one steel blue as we speak... u should be able to make the perimeter uniform all the way around , but it is a bugger to adjust.

looks freakin awesome man ! first and only stone white one in the world. cant wait to see pics with the wheels on and out in the sun....

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i like it man, i cant wait to get mine! i hear what you are saying about it looking different on a C or SRT8 bumper tho. maybe its time for a conversion!

tim, i dont think he painted the foam, i think he cut it out, and you can see the silver metal beam thru the grille. you have to cut and remove the foam for the TZ grille to work, so like 05silver said, if he paints it flat black, it will hide the bumper beam totally.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Yep I can see that now... but would prefer not to see that now... LOL

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow wish i knew that before i put it back together. Well time to take it apart and paint that bumper black...right now!

Should just painting it flat black be all? Any sanding first? Primer?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wow wish i knew that before i put it back together. Well time to take it apart and paint that bumper black...right now!

Should just painting it flat black be all? Any sanding first? Primer?
I did a light sand scuffing on mine, then a few light coats of black

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did a light sand scuffing on mine, then a few light coats of black
Thanks.

Fascia off, scuffed the bumper and first coat of black is on...

I might have the record time for taking off the front fascia.:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
That grille looks sexy. I think you should paint the foam black as others have suggested though.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres the freshly updated pictures of the bumper painted black...Now thats more like it!

update1 (Large).jpg update2 (Large).jpg update3 (Large).jpg

What do you guys think about this idea with the wing?

update4 (Large).jpg update5 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
446 Posts
Definitely looks like 763% better painted, however Im undecided on the wing, But thats just me as Im a creature of habbit, and am not used to how it looks... I was impartial on my 5in exhaust tips for a few days before I fell in love with them.

Where did that wing come from, and is there anything in the center?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Definitely looks like 763% better painted, however Im undecided on the wing, But thats just me as Im a creature of habbit, and am not used to how it looks... I was impartial on my 5in exhaust tips for a few days before I fell in love with them.

Where did that wing come from, and is there anything in the center?
I think its one of those ebay wings. A member sent it to me but i decided not to use it, but now i might. (Sunrider i haven't forgotten about you) There is no emblem on that wing thats why it looks funny in the center.

With a emblem it might look pretty good. I'm undecided myself.

Need more input from people.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I was just curious cause a BT Emblem would look hot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts