Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently bought a set of the hellcat staggered 20X9.5 5X115 +15 fronts and 20X10.5 5X115 +25 rears from FR, after speaking with them they sent me 275/40R20 for the front and 295/40R20 for the rear. My car is on stock suspension and they seem to be "almost" rubbing on the rear inner fender well in the rear and the front upper control arm bolt is awfully close, i can barely get my finger between the bolt and the tire. Soon as i installed the wheels my park lock out broke and the wheels were missing some of the lugs from FR, so i haven't been able to test drive yet. Should i expect issues or will all be well with this set-up?

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
That front offset is a bit skinny for the first gen LX platform.

Stock 300C front offset is + 24 mm on the 18" wheels and 25.5 on the 20's

At the front, a 9.5" wheel is close to the limit but that front offset brings it even closer to the the outside. 275/40's will work there but that's with a stock wheel offset.

At the rear, a 295 is pushing the limits of width and may require you to roll the inner fenders, It will clear but if you load up the back seat or trunk you'll get a rub over bumps and rough roads.

It's too bad you don't have those front wheels with a bit more positive offset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Maddog, think i can handle sorting the rears from a little searching here and just heating up/cutting the spot in the inner fenderwell that is almost rubbing. As far as the fronts, shipping back is going to be a huge PITA but i will call them today and see what can be done...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts