Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Decided to get some new wheels for the SRT8 after seeing Aussie 6.4's and how good it looked with standard suspension etc. So decided on 22x9.5" front and 22x10.5" rear XO Caracus wheels.

Pirelli P Zero tyres all round - Front tyres are 255/35R22 Rear are 295/30R22. Perfect fitment with no scrubbing or mods required to the thread at the front. Hope you guys like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
He mentioned to me that you've been trying to knock his off. Hard to see properly using the phone but seem to look the goods Jeff.
Might have a bit more grip now with 295 at the back

Reactions: Sonic57

·
Registered
563 Posts
Dude that looks amazing. Love those wheels and tires.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Daryl, when are you back mate? Might try do the maps update with you one weekend, and a beer my shout if you don't mind. Definitely hooks up better, glad I went with decent Pirelli tyres even though a bit more $$$, worth it in the end.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
No problem. I'll just give you the USB key so you just stick it in and the jobs done.
I have dedicated the key for only that purpose

·
Registered
655 Posts
Not bad, got a side shot?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hard to please Allen lol. No side shots yet. I will have to drop by and show you.
Well the 4 shots you put up are all rear 3/4 shots :p , need perspective :cool:

I might be jealous as mine is bone stock, but its just celebrated its 1 week bday :arms:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats brother!! You wont look back. Great cars. Need to get the rear mufflers done asap ;) Do you goto Gungahlin Lakes much? Might have to pop down for a brew sometime, and maybe invite Daryl if he's allowed out ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Sonic, Looks great! Loving the look, about to pick up my 300c and was wondering where you purchased your wheels from if you don't mind me asking? A PM would be great, trying to source out some places. Recently decided to get a 300c simply because they draw me in. Might have to sell my motorcycle, i'll be too busy with my new toy :p

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Sonic, Looks great! Loving the look, about to pick up my 300c and was wondering where you purchased your wheels from if you don't mind me asking? A PM would be great, trying to source out some places. Recently decided to get a 300c simply because they draw me in. Might have to sell my motorcycle, i'll be too busy with my new toy :p
Thanks mate. I got the wheels and tyres from Fawkner Wheels & Tyres in Melbourne. They did me a much better price than anywhere local could do and were happy to put Pirelli's on it. Overall very happy, as it rides like stock and still looks the goods. I don't think I will lower it as it sits low enough for me... getting old :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hey guys,

Decided to get some new wheels for the SRT8 after seeing Aussie 6.4's and how good it looked with standard suspension etc. So decided on 22x9.5" front and 22x10.5" rear XO Caracus wheels.

Pirelli P Zero tyres all round - Front tyres are 255/35R22 Rear are 295/30R22. Perfect fitment with no scrubbing or mods required to the thread at the front. Hope you guys like.
Hey Jeff looks great mate. Were your old wheels Black chrome by any chance?? I damaged one of mine and looking for a replacement ,I would be interested in buying a set if they were Black chrome.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
No problem. I'll just give you the USB key so you just stick it in and the jobs done.
I have dedicated the key for only that purpose
Don't forget this old fart lol Remember me hahaha!!!! :arms::arms::arms::arms::arms::arms::arms::arms::arms::arms::arms::arms::arms::pat::cool:
Cheers
Geoff

·
Banned
171 Posts
Awesome...looks even better that are different to mine too!!

Are they dragging, rubbing or scrapping at all?

For christ sakes go to Capital steering nd get it aligned...the total f'wits at Ozzy Tyres put my left rear nearly 8mm out alignment, my back tires are now worn down on the insides and its only been sub 3000 klm!!!! Capital spun out when they checked it out, the Lebo's at Ozzy couldnt align a skate board!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Geoff C - sorry mate I missed your post. I had the non-black chrome, apologies.

Matt - Thanks buddy! Ours would look good together. My mate Lee with a black SRT8 who lives in Gunners had his 22s rock up today, so we will be putting them on the weekend - keep an eye out.

I've checked it, no rubbing or anything at all. They put Pirelli P Zero tyres on which are awesome. I've done about 3000-4000km with this setup and no issues what so ever. That's Ozzy tyres for you. I've noticed the Lexani tyres that you have are 'taller' than normal, so 30 profile is more like 35, 35 more like 40 profile etc. hence why yours might be scrubbing Matt.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Geoff C - sorry mate I missed your post. I had the non-black chrome, apologies.

Matt - Thanks buddy! Ours would look good together. My mate Lee with a black SRT8 who lives in Gunners had his 22s rock up today, so we will be putting them on the weekend - keep an eye out.

I've checked it, no rubbing or anything at all. They put Pirelli P Zero tyres on which are awesome. I've done about 3000-4000km with this setup and no issues what so ever. That's Ozzy tyres for you. I've noticed the Lexani tyres that you have are 'taller' than normal, so 30 profile is more like 35, 35 more like 40 profile etc. hence why yours might be scrubbing Matt.
Not wrong Geoff, I had to buy a pro level guard roller that mounts onto the wheel hub, I rolled the fronts like a gem and now have no issues, add to that, that I had to grind down the thread on the upper balljoint and I finally made Ozzy Tyres mess usable.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Such a shame. I don't even want to know what they charged you either....

I was totally expecting to need to roll them and grind that bloody bolt after seeing your pics.

The only reason I know this about the Lexani tyres is because I have them on my 2006 300C with 24s. The rubber is noticeably 'steeper' compared to other brands.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts