Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got the delivery date of 5/5 for my new 300C. Got rid of a BMW Xx5 4.4 . I drove the monster and I can't wait. I am looking for a nice set of replacement wheels for the car. Something classy, has anyone seen anything? :)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Looking for New 300C wheels? Don't hold your breath! Personally, I am Friggin Mad as Hell that DCX is using a 5x115 bolt pattern which is common on Cadillac and Large GM cars. That pattern is very limited and even more limited with the low offset they are using - et24 - so a Rim milled for Cadillac won't work because they use high offsets, like et40.

I have been trying to plan my wheel and tire upgrade for months and find very little, actually nothing that will fit. They should have stay with 5x114.3 or when with Mercedes 5x112 pattern.

www.tires.com has just listed some wheels for the 300 and Magnum however, all are 5x114.3. I have read that it is possible to use 5x114.3 on 5x115 cars using variable seat lugs - which sound like something hard to find.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
The tire size used will be equally hard as hell to upgrade to 19 or 20 inches. The tire is very tall and one selected for comfort.

225/60HR18

The OEM tires are h-rated for speed (130mph) hence the reason the car has a limit of 126mph.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is a set of factory 300C 18" wheels on EBay for sale. I emailed the guy to get some info on how much the factory wheel/tire combo weigh, and what the car was upgraded to. He has lots of wheels for lots of cars so I'm guessing someone traded these in on an aftermarket set. So far no word yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
E55 KEV,

At your website, you have pictures of 50 cent's 300C. I guess that would be an example of aftermarket wheels, although maybe a little to bling for my taste. By the way, which music video is that car used in?

300C w/ Aftermarket Rims

·
Registered
84 Posts
ekool said:
I usually dont go for the dubs or "bling bling" style... but for some reason, wheels like that look at home on the 300C....

Look at it this way, sport cars like BMW use larger size rims and tires, it's even lowered. Of course this is done in accord with other handling suspension mods and, after all, BMW is the ultimate driving machine. :p :D

What I mean is, if done properly, it has it's advantages.

·
Registered
84 Posts
E55 KEV said:
300C, The wheel is by "Twenty Inch Strong", the TIS02 used in video "Poppin Them Thangs".

By the way, that color is that?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Magnesium Pearl Coat?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Bling, bling, PING!
How little thought and perspective goes into these ridiculous wheel changes.
Dubs on cars look like TONKA TOYS.
How much attention do you need?
Just buy yourself a YELLOW Corvette and get it over with.
Then EVERYONE will look.
Rapsters indeed.
Sheesh!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Redman, I agree. I get so tired of people with their dubs and their seats reclined, blaring their stereos so loud that they can't hear my motorcycle's horn (when they cut me off). I know it's a generalization, but that's what I see.

People should pay attention to their driving rather than posing. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
crispiegee said:
Redman, I agree. I get so tired of people with their dubs and their seats reclined, blaring their stereos so loud that they can't hear my motorcycle's horn (when they cut me off). I know it's a generalization, but that's what I see.

People should pay attention to their driving rather than posing. Just my opinion.
Is that your main and only danger when driving your Bike? No Dubs on 18-Wheeler Trucks and Buses and they provide much more danger. I doubt truck/bus drivers can hear your motorcycle horn either. Or is it you just have no tolerence for the ones with "reclined" seats?

There is a bicyclist some where with the same problem. :D

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I would never buy 22"s personally, but for those that don't like them you are free to start your own thread for the lovers of little tiny azz wheels amongst other little tiny things and not "hating" in someone elses thread. For the lovers of 15" wheels here are some topics to post:

"Yo, post your 300 with tiny weany wheels?"

"Fo Shizzle, I got the hook up on some Banging Azz DUB Minus Five's!"

"NE1 know where I can get some 15" for my 300C Hemi, in chrome."

"Check out my upgrade, err downgrade to 16's!"

"Why can't I find Spinners or forged wheels in 15X7's. Those would be tight!"

"Look at the 300C with 185/60/15 tires"

:D :D :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Actually, I get along well with the trucks and buses. Generally speaking, those guys make their living on being very aware of their surroundings and paying attention to traffic.

I admit, the reclined seat thing REALLY ticks me off. The driver can't see and has very little control over the car. It's the ultimate statement of, "I'm too cool to care about driving well." I think they should ticket drivers who do not have their seats positioned for proper control of the car. (Hey, they can ticket a motorcyclist for standing up on his seat!)

As you can see, I have some pretty strong opinions on this matter, so I hope I don't offend anyone. I'm a driving fanatic, and I feel that half of the traffic deaths could be avoided if people were more saavy about their driving.

--------
300C - Magnesium Pearl: T-minus 7 Days and Counting

·
Registered
28 Posts
Crispie,

I'm with you, safety should be first. People who put other people in danger should be ticketed and sent for training. I have a C that I love to wind up when the time is right, but I never do it on roads where I put other people's lives on the hook.

I am a safe, accident free (knock, knock) driver for the last 20 years. I don't want to become a parapledgic because some hoser wants to look cool.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
E55 KEV said:
Resistance Is Futile!
Maybe so, but I'm thinking Chrysler tried to forestall the rush to da' blingsta-hood when they choose the bolt pattern for the wheels. I know for a fact that they can't stand people adding tacky vinyl roofs on the car. Maybe, just maybe, they CARE about the public's perception of their products (go figure dawg).
We all know what the Mark V did for Lincoln's long-term reputation. :eek:
Word up!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts