Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Let me get my introduction out of the way so we can start talking car care. My name is Jason – I’m the newest Adam’s whipping boy located in Southern California. I’m here to help answer any questions you might have and provide some feedback or tips on your current car care method.

We all have our little checklist on how we take care of our cars; I’m just here to see if I can’t make things go a little “smoother.” (woah, lame pun!)

PLEASE feel free to contact me if you have any questions/comments/concerns regarding any Adam’s Product or general car care question.

-Jason

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Welcome Jason and thanks for helping us with detailing questions.I am pretty sure there will be alot of questions for you now that it is spring time!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Hey Jason! I've been dropping a few props to you guys here and there. There's a thread somewhere with a shine on using your glaze that's outta this world!!!

Having said that I still haven't started my car yet!!!...haha.

Guys, if you order some Adam's Polish products, make sure to get yourself one of the DVD's. I learned a LOT from it.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Jeez, I just realized we have Justin AND Jason here! How am I gonna be able to keep track of you guys now?...haha. I bought a ton of stuff from Justin a short time ago.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great!
My main responsibility is to answer questions and host events in Southern California. Justin is an INCREDIBLE resource. With that said, he still sleeps with a "binkie" and is scared of the dark.

:joke:
Jeez, I just realized we have Justin AND Jason here! How am I gonna be able to keep track of you guys now?...haha. I bought a ton of stuff from Justin a short time ago.

Bernie

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome Jason. You're in good hands with the Adam's team.

Rambit here's the pics of my SRT8 with the Brilliant Spray Glaze.

After giving the car a good wash I gave it a nice coat of Adam's Brilliant Spray Glaze. It's been a month since I detailed the car but this stuff really enhanced the shine.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
THAT's The one!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
That's insane!! That's the kind of stuff I need! I'll bet the California duster just glides right over that finish.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's insane!! That's the kind of stuff I need! I'll bet the California duster just glides right over that finish.

:twak: You don't want to use a California Duster unless you like scratching your cars paint.:pat:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to have to agree. While the California Duster is great since it's so easy to use, Adam's DS and a microfiber towel however will get the job done JUST as easily and leave a shine while the CD will leave nice little scratches in the wax.

:pat:
:twak: You don't want to use a California Duster unless you like scratching your cars paint.:pat:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Yeah, I know a lot of people say that, but I've been CDing my cars for over 20 years with no problems. After I wax the car it takes out whatever little scatches the CD might put in.

I can't stand little dust particles on my car and I'm not going to wash it every day. I've had custom boats, cars, motorcycles etc. I've not had any problems with my California Duster. You'll have to pry that thing out of my cold dead fingers.:twak:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, I know a lot of people say that, but I've been CDing my cars for over 20 years with no problems. After I wax the car it takes out whatever little scatches the CD might put in.

I can't stand little dust particles on my car and I'm not going to wash it every day. I've had custom boats, cars, motorcycles etc. I've not had any problems with my California Duster. You'll have to pry that thing out of my cold dead fingers.:twak:
OK There Charlton Heston. LOL!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
If I ordeded some products today how long does it take to be shipped out and how many days should i expect to receive them.Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thats funny I only thought about dusting off the car with a microfiber towel only recently when i thought if I constantly dust the interior to keep it clean, why couldnt I dust the outside and keep a 4-5 hour exterior detail clean.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Jason,
Welcome to the forums. Would you by any chance, happen to be interested in putting on an Adam's Products (how to use) workshop for our Central Cal LX Club? We're not that far out of your territory and our club is rapidly growing.

bruno

·
Registered
379 Posts

Bernie
And there's this Justin that's always pluggin Meguiars :pat: ...lotsa "J" people...

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
One thing people never really knew, ESPECIALLY with chrome rims, is that you can clay bar them! I have chrome rims on my Corvette and when I run my fingers along a spoke I can feel the brake dust in the coating. Take some Adam's Detail Spray and a clay bar and give your rims an honest to goodness clay bar treatment.

Spray down the rims with some Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and scrub them with a soft wheel brush, the inner wheel with a more aggressive brush.

Rinse them all down and begin the clay process:
Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies - Clay Bar Part 1

After the clay and micro fiber towel wide down, I give them a treatment of Brilliant Spray Glaze.

Just remember to do ALL this while the rims are cool. If you can - clean your rims off the car, that way you can get into the lug area better since the studs aren't in the way and you have access to the wheel well to give it a cleaning also.

If you have any issues, give me a call at 909.342.4194. I'd be happy to walk you through it.

POST PIX AFTER, WE WANT TO SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT!
Jason, i just got my 1st set of chrome wheels. what it the process for cleaning and maintaining them?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts