Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Chrysler 300 2008
I bought a locking gas cap for it cause gas goes away guite often in my neighborhood. Then I was told a person can't sifon gas from my car something about the tank is to far and it's a really wavey line
Is that true should I return the cap?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you have problems with gasoline theft in your neighborhood, I'd keep the cap. I have locking caps on mine and have epoxied "dime size" magnets to
them so I can attach the cap to the fillers access door. You want the cap to be close by so you don't forget to put it back on.....been there, done that when in a hurry. See pix below.

Electric blue Technology Space Cobalt blue Circle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. If you have problems with gasoline theft in your neighborhood, I'd keep the cap. I have locking caps on mine and have epoxied "dime size" magnets to
them so I can attach the cap to the fillers access door. You want the cap to be close by so you don't forget to put it back on.....been there, done that when in a hurry. See pix below.

View attachment 175491
Thank you so much for responding I appreciate it. I looked at diagrams (tried) in car book but the fuel line was unclear to me, so I was heading in that direction. Magnet idea 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts