Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone newbie here from Oklahoma.
I have been checking the board for a while and learning alot about my new car. I have an 05 C with nav. I can't decide if i want to install the Avic-Z2 or the Corsa catback with magna high flow cats. I know these mods are on 2 different ends of the spectrum, but i still need help.

I have factory nav (not a big fan of non touchscreen and small screen size) and i am interested in getting the Avic-z2 with bluetooth, sirius, ipod, backup camera, and steering wheel control. What all would i need to be able to get this? Is it worth the money and would it be that much of an improvement for me? I know i will not have teh small lcd display anymore but i am ok with that. I am planning on buying all the components for this and then taking it to be installed. It seems like i can save a good amount by doing this. Also i would get some money back by selling the stock nav.

OR

I also want to get the Corsa catback exhaust with magnaflow high flow cats. I will not be getting a cold air intake yet but may add one down the road. I admit this will be a cosmetic and sound purchase. It will be a plus to get some performance advantages out of it but i want it more for the sound.

So what do u think???

Thanks for your input and i constantly search the boards for new ideas and angles.

Later
B

·
Registered
979 Posts
this is def a tough decision. Too me changing to the avic just isnt worth it. Besides the fact the stock isnt touch screen and might be slightly smaller, it can pretty much do everything else. I usually shy away with aftermarket hu's in our car because you lose evic display. there isnt a stereo to date where you can retain the evic. All of the other functions can be gained from your stock navi.

Corsas are bad ass exhaust systems, you have a tough decision. They are very very expensive though . There are some other exhaust systems to look into as well. If performance is your answer i have read that many people prefer to go with the predator before going with exhaust best performance for you buck.. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks todd

they both are pretty expensive mods, but oh well your only young once. I wish mygig would work with the 05 and it would be an easy choice. Do both!

I wont be doing anything detrimental to my car by getting the exhaust without a predator?

I am not looking for huge performance gains or anything, mostly the sound and look. i have listened to alot of them online (i know they are better in person) and i like the corsa the best.

thanks again
B

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pretty sweet ride all around. so do you think he would want to trade straight up? seems reasonable to me.

I like the cutouts but i am not sure if its the right thing for me. either way thats one nice ride.
thanks
B

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am doing the AVIC-Z2... Installing it in the next couple days. It should make a huge difference... Video up front, touchscreen, voice activated items, bluetooth if you dont have Uconnect, better overall sound (quite a bit better from what i hear)... Anyways either will be very nice......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds cool cheifsfan. let me know if u have any issues and how much better ur sound is. also what all u needed to get it installed.
thanks B

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have bought a aftermarket touchscreen and the corsa with headers.high flow cats. Too me I love performance BUT if you want to enjoy the ride and cruise I would go with the AVIC-2. I bought the Kenwood 7100 after I found out you can't modify the Avic-2's Navigation and video on the go. I can with my Kenwood.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guys, guys, don't write off the Z2 because it can't be used while in motion. Its very very easy to hack it and mine works flawlessly all the time. My son watches the Transformers movie cranked on the way to school every time I take him. Though the Kenwood has some significant benefits when nav updates are discussed. I believe they can be downloaded from Garmin free.

As for the Corsa Exhaust, be very careful and do your homework on this site when messing with the exhaust on a 2005 C. I'm in the middle of getting mine fixed because of the drone/vibration at 55mph. Search the forum on the 55mph resonance issue to get the full story. If your '05 has already had the "fix" then you may be moving into a problem that I'm trying to get out of. I would love to have the added performance of a CAT-back but I hate the resonance that I get while just cruising. Consider just getting different exhaust tips and the Predator.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the advice fetdog. i thought the corsa exhaust for the 5.7 C had been designed for the drone issue. i was not aware of any other issues. what would be the big difference sound and performance wise if i got new tips instead of getting the whole system? also what is the fix you speak of?

its a tough choice, how hard was teh hack for the avic? i really like it as well and just cant choose.

thanks
B

·
Registered
979 Posts
thanks for the advice fetdog. i thought the corsa exhaust for the 5.7 C had been designed for the drone issue. i was not aware of any other issues. what would be the big difference sound and performance wise if i got new tips instead of getting the whole system? also what is the fix you speak of?

its a tough choice, how hard was teh hack for the avic? i really like it as well and just cant choose.

thanks
B
haha bro tips arent going to change the sound of the car, its all in the way the mufflers are designed that gives you the special sound. the easiest way to get a different sound would indeed unbolt or cut your oem mufflers and bolt or weld in some new ones. Or you can go headers in which i would run cooks that will change your sound too but headers are expensive on these cars and to install them isnt the easiest.

BTW i didnt downplay any aftermarket pioneer or in dash they do have plenty of advantages. Just BE PREPARED TO LOSE YOUR EVIC DISPLAY. If you dont know what i am talking about its the digital display that shows your radio channels in the center of the guage cluster. With aftermarket you will lose this there hasnt been a hack or cable to retain this do to our can bus computer system..

·
Registered
57 Posts
The avic-z2 hack is pretty easy from what I hear. I will be installing it in then next couple days hopefully. Go to AVIC411.com to see more about the hack. It is grounding a wire, moving a wire in the harness and loading an update via CD from what I hear....

I bought the Avic-Z2, the metra harness (allows fade control), the pac steering wheel controllers (2), the bluetooth adaptor, the ipod adaptor (which i hear the ipod search function sucks), a backup camera, the metra antenna adaptor, and the metra benzel for all around 1500 new.... you can probally get everything for around 1350-1400 without the backup camera....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey B, don't let anyone scare you away from tips. If the sound that the C has now is good enough for you then the tips will fit the "look" that you might be looking for. There is not a lot of difference between a 5.7 with a diablo on it and one with diablo plus the corsa besides sound. I have my sports car for fast, the C is for every day driving and some fun while doing that. If you want the sound then you'll have to change the mufflers as has been said above in this thread. The fix I am speaking of is about half of a new exhaust system with a particular spring bolt that keeps the "resonance" from bothering those of us who own 2005 C's with the 5.7. Search the forum for 55mph resonance and you can read the whole story.

The advice above to go to AVIC411.com is good. This will tell you what you have to do. Actually if you get a newer Z2 you don't even have to load the bypass software. Just move two wires and you are done. Mine works fine.

You need to decide whether you are looking for bling on the exhaust or sound. I can have my sound from my two door, the C has to be quiet and able to cruise with business associates on board. You might want a had turner, which will take the muffler change.

cheers,

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I've been debating the SAME exact question for a few months now. The z2 or Corsa???? I just got my bonus so I'm going to have to pull the trigger soon...still not sure?

Right now I am leaning towards the nav.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Goherd: the AVIC far outshines our stock Nav system and if you need bluetooth and don't like the frankenstein method that Uconnect uses on the '05 it just is head and shoulders better. The Corsa might allow your Airhammer breath better but I bet that would be negligible.

Grab the Z2 off the internet and run with it. Its an easy install as well.:fing02:

P.S.: when were you at Marshall? I've got a good buddy that graduated in the mid 80's

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Goherd: the AVIC far outshines our stock Nav system and if you need bluetooth and don't like the frankenstein method that Uconnect uses on the '05 it just is head and shoulders better. The Corsa might allow your Airhammer breath better but I bet that would be negligible.

Grab the Z2 off the internet and run with it. Its an easy install as well.:fing02:

P.S.: when were you at Marshall? I've got a good buddy that graduated in the mid 80's
Yeah I see a new nav plus bluetooth on ebay for $900. Is the install that easy? I pm'd a contact over at another forum who is up on this stuff and he gave me all the necessary connections (PAC) that I need. He said they'll run me an addition $150 or so. Install he said would probably be another $200 or so. I'd love to do this myself but don't have any clue. I'm somewhat handy...installed my hammer, tstat and removed the front fascia to install grill. However with all these there where some nice DIY threads on this forum. I've not yet found one on install a nav?

Marshall....well I may know your buddy. I graduated 1990....played football from 86 -90....Back then we were just 1AA but one a championship and domininated the Southern Conference

·
Registered
52 Posts
The install isn't difficult and if you have used DIY threads then look over on AVIC411.com for some. That is where I found the info and I actually wired up the PAC modules on my desk then once in the car I had 30 minutes before the AVIC was operational and mounted in the dash. The PAC website will also create custom directions for programming the modules.

I'm happy to help.............$200 can be used for other mods:biggrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts