Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of trading in my wife's 03 Audi A4 for the new 300C.
I never thought I would consider buying an US made car, but damn the car looks nice.

Whats the comprehensive insurance like?

Has anyone here fitted a towbar?

Anything annoying or dislikes about the car.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
SXR said:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of trading in my wife's 03 Audi A4 for the new 300C.
I never thought I would consider buying an US made car, but damn the car looks nice.

Whats the comprehensive insurance like?

Has anyone here fitted a towbar?

Anything annoying or dislikes about the car.
Well it all depends on where you live for insurance. You should call up an insurance company and get a quote.

Towbar, I believe that they do sell them.

Annoying dislikes, only if there is a problem, then you can bring it to the dealer and get it warrantied.

Deff make the trade if you like it that much, but try for the SRT8 if you can.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
We traded a '97 Subaru Outback for our used 300C, and transferred the tow and rental car provision from a '94 Town & Country AWD to the "C"... and our insurance went down a few bucks! That's right... down.

US made is somewhat of a misnomer... it's assembled in Brampton, Ontario. Engines comes from Mexico... Tranny is MB vintage, but I believe it is made in Indiana somewhere. See my thread for the Blue in the F/S forum...

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
SXR, welcome aboard :wavey:. Where in Australia are you located?

On your insurance question, take a look at this thread for the Aussie member's insurance experiences:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/australian-forum/14265-insurance-quotes-tips.html

I have been told by Chrysler HQ here that there is a tow bar engineered for the 300C, so that should not be an issue for you.

GoofyTim has provided the background to where some of the components are sourced however the 300C we get in Australia is actually assembled in Austria.

On dislikes, firstly let me say this car is "ACE". Outstanding value for money, excellent equipment levels, excellent safety (primary and secondary)(5*), excellent performance, outstanding style and presence, outstanding quietness & NVH, excellent build quality (even though some motoring writers have made some criticisms), reasonable fuel economy and finally, only reasonable handling & steering feel. I am sure lowering would improve that.

My wife's car is an Audi which replaced 21 years of Hondas and is the first European car we have owned. What a difference.

My 300C is my first non Aussie car (mainly Holdens), WHAT A DIFFERENCE :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
SXR welcome..!

I'm waiting for mine to turn up in April..???

best I could get at the moment

Melbourne Insurance stats.

Insurance: Rating 1 Comp. $770.24 or $860.00 with 20" wheels Choice of repair....etc Co. Budget direct

b. same as above for $992.67 including 20" wheels + 3 years or 50km New car replacement. may reduce $$ if you can be bothered to haggle (as I did) got them to $898 Co. ING car ins.

In another month or so who knows which company will be discounting to get the market share or rebuild their books..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to this forum.. I have to say that I really like the 300C and seriously considering it.

Can I know what is the driveaway price you paid?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
u4ria, welcome.

Take a look at this thread to see what members have been paying for the 300C HEMI here in OZ:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/australian-forum/15475-potential-300c-owner-questions.html

Basically the 300C Hemi with sunroof is $69,300 drive away at RRP. Some members have said they have done much better. the other thing you need to know is, if you walk into a dealership and place an order today don't expect delivery before May.

My advice is to generally read on all the threads in the Aussie section to see what we have been up to and get some local advice.

Which State are you in?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Hemi57,

Thanks for posting the linky :01:

I'm surprise that the driveaway costs is so much higher than the published selling price for Hemi i.e. $60,000. :eek:

Btw, I'm in Sydney.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
u4ria, about time we had another Sydney representative join the Forum :)

The price does leap up when you add sunroof (~$25000), metalic paint ($370) and all the taxes, etc.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi u4ria Welcome!
I newbie also but can recommend you check out the following sites
http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Chrysler/Chrysler-300C-V8-HEMI.cfm
and
http://www.privatefleet.com.au/index.php

If you enter your details and car requirement, dealers come to you online.
You can do all the haggling (negotiations) online or phone without having move from your computer. Aint that great?

On-road price includes Metalic paint, Delivery fee, CTP, Number plate fee, Stamp duty, Registration, Weight tax. So a $59,999 car ends up around $65,000. U want more options u pay more.
Dealers not offering much discount because they have much demand for the car. Typical low supply & high demand situation.

Good luck & have fun shopping

1 - 11 of 11 Posts