Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first Mod I want to do is the Grille change. Still trying to decide which one, the mesh Bentley look, or the Mesh with the center bar. I even like the Verticle Billet. Second will be having the windows tinted. 35 grade on sides and rear windows. Anyonne have problem with radio reception because of covering the rear window where the antennae is located? I'm figuring my local guy will charge me $180 to do it. I've had stuff done by him before, he is the best here in the michigan west side suburbs. Not sure about those stainless side covers just yet, gonna wait and see how the tinted windows show off the side. Maybe I dont want that seperation of the doors so obvious. Now if this snow cold weather would just leave us here in michigan, I can get ti some modding! :cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats on your new 300c. I have put on 35% tint with no problems with radio reception, one way to get around any possibilities of the tint interference is to use ceramic tint instead of metal tint. I would not use dye based tint as they have a tendency of discoloration after a couple of years. I just got a t-rex grill and am very happy with it, triple chrome plated a bit more expensive than the E&G grills but worth it in my opinion, t-rex are the only ones that I know of that makes matching lower grille inserts (the grilles around the fog lights). If you have HID lights you might also consider changing the fog lights to Nokya H10 arctic white lights they match the light color better than the original part lights. Have fun with your car.

·
Registered
391 Posts
hawaiian lava said:
Congrats on your new 300c. I have put on 35% tint with no problems with radio reception, one way to get around any possibilities of the tint interference is to use ceramic tint instead of metal tint. I would not use dye based tint as they have a tendency of discoloration after a couple of years. I just got a t-rex grill and am very happy with it, triple chrome plated a bit more expensive than the E&G grills but worth it in my opinion, t-rex are the only ones that I know of that makes matching lower grille inserts (the grilles around the fog lights). If you have HID lights you might also consider changing the fog lights to Nokya H10 arctic white lights they match the light color better than the original part lights. Have fun with your car.

I also would like to get the triple chrome plated T rex grille. Could you post some pics of your car so I can see the difference between this one and the other E&G ones? Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
1st mod I'd do is lower the darn thing and put some 22s on. Otherwise, you look like you can only afford to do little mods on an otherwise, stock car.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Welcome Welcome

Priority one: use the search facility in the top toolbar to research any mod you are considering. There's a tonne of information here.

There are negatives to some modifications, and some mods are, as yet of unproven benefit.

By searching you'll not ony get valuable info, but a balanced view on what you are proposing.

Enjoy the forum :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Welcome

Congrats and Welcome Mojo Man to 300/300C Family! :) Can't wait to see pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts