Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I picked up my 300C three weeks ago today. Cool Vanilla w/ linen guts, fully loaded, I think. It's really for my wife but she insists it is 'ours'. She's coming out of a GS 300 Lexus. We didn't want to wait for the 06' GS so we drove the 300C and took it home. Just need some dark slate floor mats (the linen is begging for a stain) and a decklid spoiler. Two days after I bought this car I had a dealer in GA call me with a black SRT8 for 42,800. I think my wife is better off with the 5.7.
I have a question. When the car is idling before it's warmed up it has a ticking like a valve or a lifter. Could it be some type of exhaust recirculation valve or something? Thanks for any help you can give and for having this resource available to 300 owners.

·
Registered
901 Posts
W.e.l.c.o.m.e.

Congrats and Welcome Mojo & Wifey :) , to 300/300C Family! Checkout our sponsors for the dark floor mats, I have them with the Chrysler Wings on the front pair on my CV 'C' with the light interior, look very nice and a great protector for the light carpet. :)
Can't wait to see pics!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Angi300C/Angi300C Pics/014_11A.jpg

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Welcome to a great forum Mojo! My hubby also insists my 300C is mine... he be RIGHT!! (but I do let him drive it occasionally)
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I assure you someone here can!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Welcome Mojo. Great forum here. Glad to hear that your wife is "stepping up' to a Luxury Muscle Car.

My car ticks a little on cold start. typical of pushrod valves. Also lopes a bit on idle - typical of a high performance cam.

Enjoy you new ride (I mean your wife's new ride) :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words. I sold the wifey's Lexus today. Sad to see it go but it is not nearly as visually stunning as it once was, or like the 300c is. I did remove the Lexus's interior deck lid handle before it left. I installed it in the 300c. Now I don't have to put my hand on the decklid to shut it.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
mojo747 said:
Thanks for the kind words. I sold the wifey's Lexus today. Sad to see it go but it is not nearly as visually stunning as it once was, or like the 300c is. I did remove the Lexus's interior deck lid handle before it left. I installed it in the 300c. Now I don't have to put my hand on the decklid to shut it.
Please post a pic if and when you can... this is a source of irritation for many of us!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Welcome Mojo747, to the 300/300C Family. Good color choice! :D

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
101 Posts
mojo747 said:
Same thing I did with my GS 400. The trunk handle is the perfect solution to an ugly strap hanging down. I will try and get a Lexus part number for anyone interested. Pictures to come later.

-Chris

·
Registered
318 Posts
mojo747 said:
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I picked up my 300C three weeks ago today. Cool Vanilla w/ linen guts, fully loaded, I think. It's really for my wife but she insists it is 'ours'. She's coming out of a GS 300 Lexus. We didn't want to wait for the 06' GS so we drove the 300C and took it home. Just need some dark slate floor mats (the linen is begging for a stain) and a decklid spoiler. Two days after I bought this car I had a dealer in GA call me with a black SRT8 for 42,800. I think my wife is better off with the 5.7.
I have a question. When the car is idling before it's warmed up it has a ticking like a valve or a lifter. Could it be some type of exhaust recirculation valve or something? Thanks for any help you can give and for having this resource available to 300 owners.
Welcome... The ticking is normal, you will also notice a lope when you first start her up ( it's the cam).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts