Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '06 300C AWD - 107K miles on it.

I've never changed the brakes or shocks however I've replaced the CV Axles & Boots twice!

It's time to replace the brakes and shocks as well as tires (that's another story).

I don't really know what I am doing so I am hoping you guys could help me out!

My goal is to upgrade the parts if I can emulate SRT that would be cool, but I've got about a $1200 - $1500 budget total.

Brake Pads: Hawk HPS, Brembo Ceramics & StopTech

Roters: Centric Plain 120 Series, Centric High Carbon Plain 125 Cyro-Treated & StopTech Sport Slotted

Shocks/Suspension/Tires - I don't even know where to begin!

All Shocks/Suspension upgrade options I'm finding recommend lowering springs and to drop it from 58.4 to 56.8 which is lower than the SRT's 57.9 height. Living in Atlanta I don't think I could drive anywhere w/o scrapping if I go that low!

Tires - I currently have Goodyear 120K tires I've gone through 3 sets! Goodyear had to eat this set b/c I should have tires going bad this fast so I'm done with Goodyear. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

This is my daily driver car. I drive b/t 100-300 miles a week in surface street traffic.

On another note...I am getting a tune up as well. Anything special I should purchase for this? I with my last car I bought plugs, wires, air filter separately do I need to do that now? If so what brands are recommended?

Lastly...When I turn sometimes it sounds like the tires are over-gripping there is also a slight vibration when it happens. Any ideas on what this could be?

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
I've got a '06 300C AWD - 107K miles on it.

I've never changed the brakes or shocks however I've replaced the CV Axles & Boots twice!

It's time to replace the brakes and shocks as well as tires (that's another story).

I don't really know what I am doing so I am hoping you guys could help me out!

My goal is to upgrade the parts if I can emulate SRT that would be cool, but I've got about a $1200 - $1500 budget total.
If you wan't an srt suspension keep an eye out they come up for sale from time to time ,or check some wreking yards .. like Cleavland pick a part.

Brake Pads: Hawk HPS, Brembo Ceramics & StopTech

Roters: Centric Plain 120 Series, Centric High Carbon Plain 125 Cyro-Treated & StopTech Sport Slotted

Shocks/Suspension/Tires - I don't even know where to begin!

All Shocks/Suspension upgrade options I'm finding recommend lowering springs and to drop it from 58.4 to 56.8 which is lower than the SRT's 57.9 height. Living in Atlanta I don't think I could drive anywhere w/o scrapping if I go that low!

Tires - I currently have Goodyear 120K tires I've gone through 3 sets! Goodyear had to eat this set b/c I should have tires going bad this fast so I'm done with Goodyear. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Whats your rim size? and do you want a summer only tyre or more of an all season?

This is my daily driver car. I drive b/t 100-300 miles a week in surface street traffic.

On another note...I am getting a tune up as well. Anything special I should purchase for this? I with my last car I bought plugs, wires, air filter separately do I need to do that now? If so what brands are recommended?PCV vaule.. clean your throttle body

Lastly...When I turn sometimes it sounds like the tires are over-gripping there is also a slight vibration when it happens. Any ideas on what this could be?
When that happens next time look at you gauge cluster and see if the traction control or ESP light comes on... That is what it sounds like to me is happing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man!

To answer your tire question I have the factory 18s; they need to be more of an all season. Living in Atlanta our weather is never extreme enough to change them out per season.

Dude I really do appreciate your help! Never thought about the ESP being the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts