Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am contemplating a 300c purchase in the very near future.

Here are my questions:

1) In the front wheel wheels, there is an upper control arm/nut assembly that sits right over the front tires. When you do 20's will it rub there? Does that nut ever rub the stock 18's over bumps?

2) Does anyone have any idea how the car will do on stock Conti's in 2-3 inches of snow? How is it in heavy rain?

3) I would want a stripped down model without navi and sunroof, what is the invoice on something like that? I might be getting "friend" discount on the car should I get it.

I might have the wifey convinced that the 300c is not too thuggin' and that I cannot live with a G35 or a BMW 330i. :)

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Pro Stock John said:

Here are my questions:

1) In the front wheel wheels, there is an upper control arm/nut assembly that sits right over the front tires. When you do 20's will it rub there? Does that nut ever rub the stock 18's over bumps?

2) Does anyone have any idea how the car will do on stock Conti's in 2-3 inches of snow? How is it in heavy rain?

3) I would want a stripped down model without navi and sunroof, what is the invoice on something like that? I might be getting "friend" discount on the car should I get it.

I might have the wifey convinced that the 300c is not too thuggin' and that I cannot live with a G35 or a BMW 330i. :)
OK, trying to be nice here...

1. Use the search function in this forum for 'rubbing', etc.

2. www.tirerack.com for survey results on those tires

3. www.edmunds.com for pricing info, options, etc.

Enjoy...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Pro Stock John said:
In the front wheel wheels, there is an upper control arm/nut assembly that sits right over the front tires. When you do 20's will it rub there? Does that nut ever rub the stock 18's over bumps?
Hi, I had the stock 18's on for about a week I personally didn't notice any bumping or rubbing, and I drove over some rough areas just to see. I have since went up to 20's (255/45/20) and still no bumping or rubbing. When you upsize you should keep in mind the tires should be relative close in dimensions. There are several places to compare stock tire with new tire. I can only remember this one but if you search thread you be able to find others. www.1010tires.com

·
Registered
575 Posts
Pro Stock John said:

Here are my questions:

Quick answers
1. As long as you keep the overall diameter the same, there will be no problem rubbing.
2. I have driven in hard rain and have had no problesms, no snow in Florida, but I'll let you know how it is during a Hurricane this weekend.
3. I would guess invoice would be around 33k, but check with KBB or Edmunds with the exact options you want. Also realize with the F&F discount you will be paying for advertising fees which run around 400 or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I have been reading but I didn't think these q's would kill you guys. I own a forum too... www.ls1tech.com. :)

Angi, will you be driving yours in winter? I'm thinking the relatively heavy curbweight coupled with traction control should make the car okay most of the time in snow.

I looked a bunch last week and originally wanted the silver but I like the vanilla better. Neat how the battery is in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Pro Stock John said:
Thanks for the replies. I have been reading but I didn't think these q's would kill you guys. I own a forum too... www.ls1tech.com. :)
They didn't...but if you own a forum I would think you would understand searching and search engines on the internet. I am not flaming you, but come on...

:)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Pro Stock John said:
Angi, will you be driving yours in winter? I'm thinking the relatively heavy curbweight coupled with traction control should make the car okay most of the time in snow. I looked a bunch last week and originally wanted the silver but I like the vanilla better.
Initially yes, since my orig order was the Midnight Blue, but now NO for two reasons: 1. I got the Cool Vanilla (winters are harsh here) and so glad I did.
2. I was selling my Land Rover but the person loan fell through(blessing in disguise).
I'm bias to the Cool Vanilla now. It just looks so Darn Rich to me.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Cool Vanilla is rich indeed, I will drive mine in the snow and if needed will go to Blizzak IIs and smoke AWD models. I don't expect to need snows.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The nut and bolt that is attached to the control arm moves with the suspension, so there is no way for it to rub. I have about 1/8th of an inch clearance between my tire, and the bolt, and it hasn't rubbed there yet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If the tire rubs that bolt, the tire won't be very good for too long.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Angi300C said:
Initially yes, since my orig order was the Midnight Blue, but now NO for two reasons: 1. I got the Cool Vanilla (winters are harsh here) and so glad I did.
2. I was selling my Land Rover but the person loan fell through(blessing in disguise).
I'm bias to the Cool Vanilla now. It just looks so Darn Rich to me.
Amen on the Cool Vanilla. I thought it looked so eleant, I bought one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool, so that front suspension part moves with the tire... makes sense.

Yah the vanilla is very sharp looking.

I guess if it came to it I could get a set of the regular 300 16's and get some Blizzaks. I saw a Dub edition 300C a few weeks ago on the street and that was pretty sharp...

My local dealers so far do not want to give me friend discount so I might even consider going out of state since it could be the difference of $2,000.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pro Stock John said:

Here are my questions:

John,
I just wanted to say, congrats if you do get one! I am/was a member over at LS1 around late spring 98 through 2001(used to have a 98 Z28 and an 01 SS) or so and remember your posts there. I also am signed up at LS1tech, but might have a total of 4 posts there, so my account is probably deleted by now. :D
The 300C is like the LS1 was in the Fbody back in late 97-98. Not really much in the way of aftermarket stuff, but it's coming. :)
I didn't read through all the replies, but in regards to snow, I don't know if anyone can provide any real world data, as they have only been out to the public since April. Heavy rain, mine is fine. No problems at all. Also, I've never had any problems with the CA/nut assembly on the stock 18's. I do want to eventually upgrade the rims to something nicer(don't really care for the plasti-cote rims), but don't know if I'll stay at 18 or go bigger. Many people on this board have gone to 22's/23's and they can provide more info there.
I bought mine with everything except NAV, HID's and CWG for 32,700 out the door. I got EP on it and did buy it in the beginning of May before any price increases. There are dealers that will deal, ya just need to find em. I lucked out on the first one. The reason I was able to get the EP, was because originally they had found me one that had NAV that I didn't want at all. They said that if they could get me the EP on it, would I buy it, so I said yes. Then another one came in without NAV but had the protection group so I bought that one instead and still got the EP. The cool dealers are out there, just might have to ask around your area which ones will work a good price for you.
Good luck with finding a deal, I hope you get one. I'm looking forward to yours and Tom's input on mods and whatnot for the C. :)
Steve

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey John,

Here is the price...built it on Chrysler.com. $36,520, not counting Tax and Delivery. It was calculated on California prices, but you can rerun it using your own zip code.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts