Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prolly an easy question but I've been searching for a couple of days and haven't been able to find the answer yet.

I bought a used 2007 CSRT8 that is less than a year in-service. Assuming that the first owner didn't use the SRT Track Experience voucher that was included with MSRP (with a one-year expiration) - does anyone know if I'm eligible to use it or are they tied to the first buyer not the car? Incidentally, it was a Chysler exec car so maybe that kills it anyway. Appreciate any input.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
The SRTTE is included as part of the original owner's purchase. It's only good for one year though. Anyone can participate, but it will cost $500.

Here's the FAQ's - DriveSRT - SRT Track Experience - FAQ

You can also register from that site.

Bernie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply - looks like I'll have to think about it harder since wouldn't be "free".

Next question is how does the SRTTE compare to regular road-race track days that are put on at various places? Anyone done both who could comment on seat time, amount of learning, etc?

I've done a couple of track days at Loudon, NH organized by Sports Car Drivers Association with past cars and those are cheaper than SRTTE.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
why dont you just try to register as you being the original owner.

call t.e., give them the vin, play dumb and see if they let you register for an event.

maybe the first owner didnt take advantage of it.

never can tell how up to date or detailed their information is.

they may only be able to tell if a VIN has already registered for an event. not if it is under a second owner?

i would try.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply - looks like I'll have to think about it harder since wouldn't be "free"...
If the original owner did not use the voucher before they sold the vehicle, they lose the right to use it. The NEW owner, however, can use the voucher as long as it has not expired. Call 1-800-998-1110 and ask for Kathy. Give her the last 8 digits of the VIN number and tell her you want to verify if it is still valid.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks - I'll try that and see what happens, definitely don't want to miss it if there's no registration fee.

Still curious how SRTTE compares with other "Track Days"

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is great fun, like any other track day. The basic difference is that you drive multiple cars on multiple track layouts from Drag to AutoX to Road course where on normal track days you drive a single car on a single course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts