Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I test drove a 07 saloon (CRD) at my local dealer. I have to say that I was a little disappointed by the finish inside the cabin - especially the plastic on the driver and passenger front seats. Also, in general the quality was not quite what I was expecting. Oh and finally the sat nav/radio was really difficult to use as it wasnt touch screen.

BUT it drove really well!

Sorry to moan, and what I am coming on to say is that despite all that I am still interested as it really felt 'different' and not as boring as a 3 series.

So, can anyone comment on the 08 model? The dealer said it was a bit nicer on the inside and the satnav was the new MyGig system - which sounds really cool.

I guess what I am also asking is, am i being too picky? Do any of you proud owners feel the interior (on the 07 at least) is a little... 'wanting'? If so, why did you pick this car over a 3 series/Audi/Mercedes etc etc?

Thanks so much,

Neil

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think the pre facelift model interior is fine, dont really know why you dont like it.

as for the seats i cant tell the difference between the plastic and the leather.

why pick it over a german one, dont know where to start really, they are all so dull to look at and so common and so overpriced. none of which apply to us.

regards

elpirata

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Gawd Almighty - twice in the same night I find myself in total agreement with Elpirata :pat:
The occasionally mentioned "poor" quality materials in the 300C are in reality easy to clean, exceptionally functional and certainly cause me no grief. My wife who is disabled absolutely hated my previous Mercedes E Class Estate as the upholstery was too firm for her - but she loves the Chrysler. Also like Elparata I have never been able to distinguish between the plastic and the leather - if it is plastic then it is one good quality plastic cow it came off. My main reason for taking the Chrysler over the Mercedes though was service - Mercedes service sucks!! Chrysler can't possibly be any worse. But on the other hand I had saved up the readies to replace my Mercedes and it was nice to buy a new car that I really liked and at the same time salt £20K away for a rainy day. Compare prices like for like!! Ooops sorry - welcome to the forum by the way!!!
Cheers John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

I test drove a 07 saloon (CRD) at my local dealer. I have to say that I was a little disappointed by the finish inside the cabin - especially the plastic on the driver and passenger front seats. Also, in general the quality was not quite what I was expecting. Oh and finally the sat nav/radio was really difficult to use as it wasnt touch screen.

I guess what I am also asking is, am i being too picky? Do any of you proud owners feel the interior (on the 07 at least) is a little... 'wanting'? If so, why did you pick this car over a 3 series/Audi/Mercedes etc etc?

Thanks so much,

Neil
People could claim that the interior is a bit "cheap" looking, but it's not rock hard plastic like crappy fords etc, it's spongy and there is some give in it.
Also, I think you get quite a lot of gagetry etc. for the money.
You upgrade to "Alcantara" suede-like stuff, but that's just kind of stuck on afterwards, (but haven't seen it in the flesh yet).
I'm not sure what you mean about the plastic on the front seats - mine are leather.

I bought this over a 5 series BMW, E class Merc and Audi A6 because there are loads of them around, BMW drivers are usually idiots, and the E-Class was around 10 grand more for similar gadgets.

I haven't regretted it (although getting out of spaces in side streets can be a bit tricky).

I'm with you on the Satnav tho - it's appalling, but I only got that because I wanted MP3 playback and had no choice, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I went from a new XJ6 to teh 300c and yes i miss the touchscreen and bluetooth but the cabin quality isn't that bad and you get used to it quickly enough - The 300C turns more heads than my mate's bentley!

·
Registered
519 Posts
From 2003-07 I had an 03 reg Audi A4 Cabriolet; I bought it because I wanted something special. It looked good and the cabin was well finished but reliability problems and rubbish dealers dissuaded me from buying another. So what to buy for £27k? The Mercs I tested were shabby quality and I hated the latest BMW styling. I liked the old 5 series but the latest are a laugh inside and out. No wonder they all drive so fast; they want to get out the other end ASAP. I loved the look of the 300 when I saw it in 2004 and I've always preferred US styling to teutonic; yes the inside is a bit plasticky but I just see it as a bit of American OTT styling. The satnav works fine (less temperamental than my Audi one); the seats are acceptable. But it looks amazing. I've had it a year and people are still coming up to me asking about it. In Huntingdon on Thursday a smart lady in her 60s (in an Audi) came over and told me how great it looked; followed by an HGV driver who told me how he'd always wanted one. No-one ever did that with the Audi! The latest 300 has a better materials inside but I prefer grey upholstery to black and its not as nice externally.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Having looked at the new 2008 interior it is an improvement on the 2007 and gives softer padding to the doors and central arm rest. The My Gig looks great but I have no experience of its functionality.
I drive an 2007 and the interior is proving very servicable and I have no complaints. However the upgraded interior of the 2008 is tempting me to change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I really dont want to suggest the car wasnt nice or anything! I just meant that to me, the interior was probably not as good as I had hoped especially as I have recently looked at a BMW 330d and Audi A4 2.7 TDI. Little things like the electric window buttons and the cruise control stalk were just a little plasticy.

Anyway, I am going to look at a few more cars before I decide - but one thing that is really swaying me towards the 300c is the leasing price which is considerably lower than the equivalent (spec) BMW and Audi.

Speaking of which I was quoted £390 inc VAT per month for 24 months to lease a 08 300c with drivers pack. Id kind of like the Lux pack (sunroof would be nice and the better speaker system) and although I didnt get a quote for that I dont think it will make a huge difference. Can anyone recommend a better deal? What about Chrysler Agility? I wont keep it beyond 2 years, but would that be better?

Neil

·
Registered
221 Posts
From 2003-07 I had an 03 reg Audi A4 Cabriolet; I bought it because I wanted something special. It looked good and the cabin was well finished but reliability problems and rubbish dealers dissuaded me from buying another.
Exactly the same with our Audi Cabrio - poor reliability and poor dealer service. It's going this year - to be replaced by a 300c Touring

1 - 10 of 10 Posts