Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I stumbled upon your great website and have enjoyed it a lot. I thought i would use my first post to ask a question: When stopped at a light or stop sign, my wifes 300c will stumble or miss occasionally. I know this has probably been brought up before, but i didn't really find anything similar to this problem. It only seems to happen when the A/C compressor isn't on. When it is on it seems to disappear. Other than this we absolutely love the car. This is probably our 100+ Chrysler product and enjoyed them all(well, there was that 91 Spirit R/T....) Thanks in advance
Dave

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't worry about it. It may be aggravating; however, it is benign.

How about a vibration or shudder only felt around 58 mph?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
There have been a few TSB's issued to address various idling issues, some TSB's for the C/SRT8, and some for the 3.5L/2.7L.
The usual fix is to erase and reprogram the Powertrain Control Module (PCM)with new software.
My C usually idles very smoothly. Sometimes there will be a very slight stumble every 5 seconds or so when warming up the car, and once in awhile while idling at a stop light. But it is never bad enough to think there is a problem. If you think your idle stumble is unusually bad, you should have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
frank29 said:
Don't worry about it. It may be aggravating; however, it is benign.

How about a vibration or shudder only felt around 58 mph?

Your vibration at that speed could be caused by the original exhaust set-up that many of us conversed about ad nausium for many months before DC came out with an updated exhaust. It was more like a drone than a vibration.

You can check to see if you have the updated exhaust system by looking at the muffler. On the pipe exiting the rear of the muffler on the drivers side, you should see what look like little springs where the bolts are attached. If there are no springs, you have the old set up. By replacing the exhaust, the drone will go away. All covered under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts