Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just finished installing Hotchkis springs and sway bars on my car ...what a difference. The car handles like it it is on rails and does not have the infamous rear end jump that so many people have complained about. I modified the rear end installation slightly (with the permission of Mark @ Hotchkis) to bring the back of the car down just a hair more. For those of you that dont have the new sway bars think twice it makes a unbelievable difference.

Let me know what you think!! :wink1:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unite127 said:
what did u tweak? how much drop did the springs give u? and how much did u get everything for . it looks great!
The drop was 1 inch all the way around the car which is a little less (1/2") then the Eibach kit. I will have to say that they put a really nice kit together with the springs and bars. They supply all new sway bar bushings, mounts with grease zerks, and modified bump stops for the front and rear shocks. It took my friend and I about 5 hrs to complete the job.

As for the tweak and cost. Hoctchkis said it would be O.K. to remove a 1/4 of the coil from the top of the rear spring (about 2" off the end of the spring). The rake with their springs is about 5/16 to 1/4 which I wanted to drop down just a bit.

We purchased the kit from TByrne under a group buy for around $550 if my memory serves my right.

Thanks for the comments. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Let me know what you think!! :wink1:[/QUOTE]
It looks great! I see you've still got the Contis on...does it make a huge difference even using the same rubber?

I'm thinking this is the next mod...cheaper than new rubber!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Question

FastEd,

Your car looks tight! What did you use to compress the rear springs in? I had a hell of a time getting my factory springs pressed back up in the rear after a local shop sold me the wrong set of springs for my C. I learned the hard way that the RWD Eibachs don't work well on the AWD model.

Do you know if Hotchkis makes a kit for the AWD 300C?

james...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
300onDueces said:
FastEd,

Your car looks tight! What did you use to compress the rear springs in? I had a hell of a time getting my factory springs pressed back up in the rear after a local shop sold me the wrong set of springs for my C. I learned the hard way that the RWD Eibachs don't work well on the AWD model.

Do you know if Hotchkis makes a kit for the AWD 300C?

james...
The rear springs dropped right in ...could not believe it. With the rear cradle dropped down a couple of inches it was no problem putting them in and raising the cradle to install the bolts.

The issue with the rear end wanting to "jump out" when hitting a bump in a corner seams to be gone. I think this might postpone wheels and tires since I am extremely happy :banana: with the handling of the car.

I am not sure if Hotchkis makes springs for the AWD but if you give them a call they could probably let you know. They have been very helpful answering my questions over the phone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
any camber issues with these springs that needs to be addressed?

·
Registered
252 Posts
do you have any pictures of the sway bars installed. i was thinking about getting them for my C. just curious what it looks like installed. thanks :wave:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JP300c said:
any camber issues with these springs that needs to be addressed?
Just got back from the dealer few minutes ago... 59.95 did the alignment front and back. Drives striaght as an arrow.

I had the TSB done several weeks ago to correct the R/H lead problem, but after I lowered the alignment was all off agian. I figured they would not warranty the TSB after it was lowered.

I do have shots of the bars next to each other to display the difference in them... I sent them to HEMEE I think she was going to do a post on them. I will snap a few installed pics tonight and post them.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
FastEd said:
....I do have shots of the bars next to each other to display the difference in them... I sent them to HEMEE I think she was going to do a post on them. I will snap a few installed pics tonight and post them.
Sorry it took me so long FastEd, and thanks so much for your help... the sway bar pics are here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts