Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take it this is a new discussion forum (unless I've never noticed it before) and think it will be a great place for our European friends to share their experiences and ideas since I know nothing about the European and Diesel Powered 300c.

bruno

·
Registered
69 Posts
bruno said:
I take it this is a new discussion forum (unless I've never noticed it before) and think it will be a great place for our European friends to share their experiences and ideas since I know nothing about the European and Diesel Powered 300c.

bruno
It is indeed, I'll be moderating it although moderating is hardly needed for a forum like this on. I asked for it to be added because it is kind of hard to find help or share information on these versions. Of course they are basically the same cars, but are a bit different in equipment (the nav system for example does not have the speed restriction).

And of course, the 300CRD (the diesel) is far more common here then it is in the US. Eight out of ten 300's here are sold with the 3 liter Diesel. I got one and am very happy with it. It's a very very good engine and only a few mph slower then the large Hemi versions. In a sprint it even does better up to 30 mph because of the massive torque of the diesel at very low revs. In cruise I just love the engine as it only needs 2100 rpm for a steady 70 mph, making it very smooth and very silent. Of course, it has the disadvantages as well, it's slow to react to throttle (the auto transmission does not really help there) and it takes a few minutes to really wake up. Also overtaking needs to be 'planned' as you need to be in a lower gear to really be able to increase speed fast. But I driven both the diesel and the big hemi and I can honestly say I prefer the diesel. Having the large engine is nice, very nice, but in day to day use this one is better suited for me.

With fuel prices as they are in Europe, the diesel costs about half as much as the petrol version to drive, that certainly makes you forget about the disadvantages, lol.

·
Registered
709 Posts
mathijskok said:
It is indeed, I'll be moderating it although moderating is hardly needed for a forum like this on. I asked for it to be added because it is kind of hard to find help or share information on these versions. Of course they are basically the same cars, but are a bit different in equipment (the nav system for example does not have the speed restriction).

And of course, the 300CRD (the diesel) is far more common here then it is in the US. Eight out of ten 300's here are sold with the 3 liter Diesel. I got one and am very happy with it. It's a very very good engine and only a few mph slower then the large Hemi versions. In a sprint it even does better up to 30 mph because of the massive torque of the diesel at very low revs. In cruise I just love the engine as it only needs 2100 rpm for a steady 70 mph, making it very smooth and very silent. Of course, it has the disadvantages as well, it's slow to react to throttle (the auto transmission does not really help there) and it takes a few minutes to really wake up. Also overtaking needs to be 'planned' as you need to be in a lower gear to really be able to increase speed fast. But I driven both the diesel and the big hemi and I can honestly say I prefer the diesel. Having the large engine is nice, very nice, but in day to day use this one is better suited for me.

With fuel prices as they are in Europe, the diesel costs about half as much as the petrol version to drive, that certainly makes you forget about the disadvantages, lol.
mathijskok,
What is the version number of your NAV DVD? I am trying to get a copy of a European one So I can McGyver a solution to my US NAV system. I also need to find a MB Version as well. I'll not let this thing beat me...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ahbizmal said:
mathijskok,
What is the version number of your NAV DVD? I am trying to get a copy of a European one So I can McGyver a solution to my US NAV system. I also need to find a MB Version as well. I'll not let this thing beat me...
The Application has 01.70.00
The Database has 02.0005.061904.1277
The car itself runs v4.05 (04/12/2005)

But I really doubt it will be easy as the speed information that determines if the user lock is on or off is fed from the bus and augmented by the GPS calculated information. If you find a way to disable the speed input you also loose a lot of options for the GPS, for example it will fail to predict where you are when there is no sats seen (in tunnels etc).

·
Registered
709 Posts
I meant the actual DVD Disk serial number.

I just to see if it works in eastern europe. I have been advised that anything south of Hungary, is a wash. No satellite pick up. those BASTIDS... :AR15firin

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ahbizmal said:
I meant the actual DVD Disk serial number.

I just to see if it works in eastern europe. I have been advised that anything south of Hungary, is a wash. No satellite pick up. those BASTIDS... :AR15firin
Is that number on the dvd itself? Never took it out.

And it's very strange that the system would fail to connect to in any part of the world, except the extreme north and south pole regions. GPS has a nearly global coverage. The card itself stops at a certain point of course, but you should still be able to get lat/lon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ahbizmal said:
mathijskok,
Hi Ahbizmal.

I am afraid I have bad news for you.
Read this. Specially the bottom part of the story.
http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_nav.htm
The US model is "REC" and European is "REJ".
Anyhow, if you get the "REC" model to work here in Europe, let us know.

By the way, check these sites out.
http://www.wjjeeps.com/jmenu.htm
Hopefully someday someone makes sites like this for 300C

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Hurray

we've got our own section !!

MTC

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the REJ Nav. The Western Europe region group DVD covers for the "far South-East" Italy and Austria. I hope that the Central Eastern Europe Region Group DVD will cover Kosovo area for you.

The Nav works pretty well and I use it often for 1400km roundtrips through Switzerland and Italy. It's a must on the highway. You don't pay attention for anything except driving and 3200m before any lane change or exit, you'll have a mention. If there's any trouble in front, an alternative way is offered (even if the TMC is not supposed to be installed on my car at this point).

It's also usefull through the Alps, you'll see the coming curves and are able to drive faster/safer through the night or fog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts