Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to the moderators if i put this in the wrong section. Feel free to move it, if need be :)

First of all... a HUGE thank you to the folks at Arizona Power and Sound....
Fabrication from scratch for a place to hold the tank, getting the wiring right... and most of all.. .putting up with me being there EVERY day and looking over their shoulder.
Thanks again guys. I hope all goes well for you guys.
EDIT: These runs were done at roughly 850, 900psi. Shes got more in her at full operating temperature.. max hp 480 on first run... Max torque on second run was 567. woohoo! :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
GTO Huh

Hey with your ET you have listed, what mods and tires you used to get a 12.98 and 60ft time? Who's N20 kit ya using? Are you retarding timing at all? is it a dry or wet system? what safety features are you using?

Great Torque by the way. should run strong with those numers, I'd say high 11's for sure, with DR's

·
Registered
56 Posts
Smitty...we love having all the members here, regardless of what car they drive. But I am curious, why are you here if you drive a GTO? And I don't mean that in a negative way at all...I'm really just curious.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
glenn4dde said:
Smitty...we love having all the members here, regardless of what car they drive. But I am curious, why are you here if you drive a GTO? And I don't mean that in a negative way at all...I'm really just curious.
its cool :) i'm a car lover... not a pontiac lover. lol

I love the 300c... test drove one... loved it.

been in the market for one on and off now for quite a while. :) i'm a fan of comfy cars... fast cars... cool lookin cars. :) dont really care about the name brand. Unless its a hyundai. lol j/k

plus i see the srt-8s at my local track whenever i go there... so I thought i would be cool to learn more about them. :) what better place to learn than here?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sleeper300 said:
Hey with your ET you have listed, what mods and tires you used to get a 12.98 and 60ft time? Who's N20 kit ya using? Are you retarding timing at all? is it a dry or wet system? what safety features are you using?

Great Torque by the way. should run strong with those numers, I'd say high 11's for sure, with DR's
for my 12.98 i had nitto drag radials at 15psi, no MAF screen, no mufflers (straight pipes in place)

there is definately more in it with those mods. my buddy who used to bracket race drove it to a 12.88 with a 1.90 60'. So with driver improvement on my part.... its got better times.

All that, and he weighs 100lbs less than me. :) 100lbs = .1 on the E.T.

As for the nitrous.. its the TNT F1 kit for the LS2. Its a wet kit. My tuner put my timing at 20*. It runs a hair rich when on the juice, but its safe to spray all day, so thats cool with me :).
For safety/control ive got the MSD digital window switch which is currently set for on-3000/ off 6200. Ive got the Throttle Position Switch which will only let the N2O activate at Wide open Throttle.
An amazing bottle heater from my favorite supplier ( but not a sponsor here, so i dont wanna get in trouble :) )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Smitty's05gto said:
for my 12.98 i had nitto drag radials at 15psi, no MAF screen, no mufflers (straight pipes in place)

there is definately more in it with those mods. my buddy who used to bracket race drove it to a 12.88 with a 1.90 60'. So with driver improvement on my part.... its got better times.

All that, and he weighs 100lbs less than me. :) 100lbs = .1 on the E.T.

As for the nitrous.. its the TNT F1 kit for the LS2. Its a wet kit. My tuner put my timing at 20*. It runs a hair rich when on the juice, but its safe to spray all day, so thats cool with me :).
For safety/control ive got the MSD digital window switch which is currently set for on-3000/ off 6200. Ive got the Throttle Position Switch which will only let the N2O activate at Wide open Throttle.
An amazing bottle heater from my favorite supplier ( but not a sponsor here, so i dont wanna get in trouble :) )
Great numbers...is it pilled for 150rwhp?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
way to go

whoa, schmitty! great dyno results. Hope you can hook all that up!

How do the plugs look? I'm interested in cylinder to cylinder variations. Might be worth a look.

Good friend with an older GM product burnt the valves in one cylinder even though all the tuning was done by a pro shop. A/F was good and they told him it was safe. Just a cautious note as it would be a pity to toast that sweet mill.

Nitrous should be best bet on a 6.1 as they are pig rich and timing retarded all the time. Just got to know what's happening on a cylinder by cylinder basis!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software

·
Registered
272 Posts
stevesrt8 said:
whoa, schmitty! great dyno results. Hope you can hook all that up!

How do the plugs look? I'm interested in cylinder to cylinder variations. Might be worth a look.

Good friend with an older GM product burnt the valves in one cylinder even though all the tuning was done by a pro shop. A/F was good and they told him it was safe. Just a cautious note as it would be a pity to toast that sweet mill.

Nitrous should be best bet on a 6.1 as they are pig rich and timing retarded all the time. Just got to know what's happening on a cylinder by cylinder basis!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software
I still haven't checked my plugs......4 bottles later.

Somebody asked why a GTO guy is on these forums.....just to piss me off wit his numbers, lol.

Do you guys think going with a direct port is overkill for a 100 shot? I'm thinking of doing it just to alleviate any worrys of un-even distribution.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
worried

despite careful set up, many nitrous motors experience problems caused by uneven cylinder distribution. Most late model EFI motors have dry manifolds that do not know what to do with any fuel in the air stream.

I would highly recommend that you go with a direct port setup and still pull plugs after a hard run to see what's up in each individual cylinder.

Our intake looks like a cakewalk to drill and install. Let me know what happens.

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Excellent numbers, Smitty. You'll be the class of the show Sunday.

Thanks for posting up. :)

glenn4dde - Smitty was adopted by forum members some time ago at Phoenix Firebird raceway. He's a great guy, his goat is one mean machine, and we're enjoying the cross-platform exchange of ideas and camaraderie.

Smitty and his goat plus a friend will all be our guests Sunday as members of the "LX Owners" car club at Speedworld raceway. We're looking forward to renewing acquaitances.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts