Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, this is my first post on here, i just recently bought the zex kit for my 5.7 300c and after doing everything according to the instructions, im trying to teach the NMU the throttle position which isnt working as the light stays constantly red. Can anyone shed some light on the matter?
Fyi I tapped the brown and orange wire next to the throttle body

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
you have to calibrate the tps/throttle now being that the system in these cars if fly by wire you have to do it this way, take the air intact off so you can see the throttle blade, turnn the ignition system on, but make sure the bottle is turned off, now arm the nitrous kit arming switch, then go around the front of the car and open the throttle blade fully by hand, this will calibrate the system for you and you will then get a green light on the zex controller box, if you have any other troubles send me a email on [email protected]

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hey Steve did that several times but the light stays red from the instant i arm the switch and even after trying to teach it, hey Steve im in Australia, do you have a contact number? If so could you please pm me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, it was on the right wire. the problem was later diagnosed with a voltmeter, the tps resistor wire was broken from factory.

BTW Anyone installing a zex kit BE VARY CAREFUL WITH THE RESISTOR WIRE< AS MINE WAS BROKEN AND SHOT GAS WHILST THE THROTTLE BODY BLADE WAS CLOSED!!

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Thanks, it was on the right wire. the problem was later diagnosed with a voltmeter, the tps resistor wire was broken from factory.

BTW Anyone installing a zex kit BE VARY CAREFUL WITH THE RESISTOR WIRE< AS MINE WAS BROKEN AND SHOT GAS WHILST THE THROTTLE BODY BLADE WAS CLOSED!!

great news mate now go out there and have some fun

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
How does it pull once you engage nitrous? Do our cars react good with nitrous? 5.7 v8 ?
Yes, they do react good with nitrous. I have a 100 shot and it feels great. I haven't used it much really, but I liked what I did use. And most of the 5.7 owners that also have nitrous have said that they love it too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oh how do I want to do Supercharger and 100 shot! Need a little more stimulus $$$...:biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts