Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started looking into the Nitrous setup...Nitrous Express has a universal kit and I think NOS may have 1 too. Has anyone done this yet?
Any thoughts?

And more so .....Who can beef up my tranny, rearend, etc? MB techs? AMG? Please help if you can.....

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with a buddy that called his friend at NOS. NOS blew up three 5.7 Hemi's trying add nitrous....apparently they can not take anymore than a 50 hp shot. The blocks were cracking...This is not good news... :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
That doesn't sound right, sounds like maybe the fuel mix was getting leaned out and the computer wasn't adjusting or the injectors can't flow enough.... Were they testing dry or wet setups?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HaTaX said:
That doesn't sound right, sounds like maybe the fuel mix was getting leaned out and the computer wasn't adjusting or the injectors can't flow enough.... Were they testing dry or wet setups?
I have to admit, I really don't know....It was injected 4-6" in front of the throttle body if it helps.
NOS said anything above that 50hp shot was too much.

Do you think it can handle it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
BBC said:
Started looking into the Nitrous setup...Nitrous Express has a universal kit and I think NOS may have 1 too. Has anyone done this yet?
Any thoughts?

And more so .....Who can beef up my tranny, rearend, etc? MB techs? AMG? Please help if you can.....

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with a buddy that called his friend at NOS. NOS blew up three 5.7 Hemi's trying add nitrous....apparently they can not take anymore than a 50 hp shot. The blocks were cracking...This is not good news... :(
Must of been a bunk installation/lean mixture. There was a guy at the Houston Mopar Show last October with a short-cab 4 wheel drive Hemi ram running low 13's on a 150 shot NX kit and cold air intake. It was cool, he was launching in 4 wheel drive and turning it off after the 60' :cool:
Joey Molnar
05 300C Silver
14.0 @ 99
01 Dakota R/T
13.7 @ 98

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think the block of the motor would be fine to handle 100HP without cracking............

Maybe the motor just didn't respond as expected or maybe the nitrous messed with the MDS in someway... Who knows, I just don't think that 50HP would crack the block... Not at all..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm gonna go for it. I'll install the Nitrous and run another Dyno. :) I am concerned about the tranny and rear-end....Who can work on them?

·
Registered
116 Posts
BBC said:
<snip>
I have to admit.. three 5.7's blown: that sounds expen$ive

·
Registered
20 Posts
50hp...that's it? I would hate to see a SC on these engines. Something had to have been leaning out.

anyways my vote is for NX all their numbers are rated at wheel HP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts