Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Nitto Invo's Discount Tire has them

255/45/ZR-20 1st will these fit?
2nd anyone have any experience with these tires.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Yes, These are what I put on after my F1s expired. Alot of people told me to get the proxys instead. However I have 4 other vehicles with other styles of Nittos and love them all for different reasons. I somewhat of a Nitto fan.
The reason I finnaly went with the Nittos is that they boast that they are great in the rain.... I live in Seattle. Here's what I think, anyone want to dispute these, please let me know:
Straight line cold = Probably not as good as the F1s when new, easy to spin.
Straignt line warmed up = No complaints, I can still spin them if I just mash it, however with a little finness I can get them to hook pretty good.
Cornering wet or dry = These tires flat out impress me in the corners especially when it's wet out. I have yet to slide unexpectedly.
Road noise = not much different, however I'd say their quieter than the F1s.
I ended up going with the staggered fit matching the factory specs, no complaints.
I will say I was a little dissapointed at first, I'd say the first week of driving on them. However after breaking them in I was more impressed. I now have about 5000 miles on them and they are showing no signs or wear at all.
I don't have any experience with the proxys however when I need new tires I will be getting the INVOs again.
As far as price goes. In my area the proxys seem to be about the same if not slightly more, besides I'm a loyal Discount Tire customer.
Feel free to ask anything that I haven't answered here, I wish I had someone to ask when I bought mine.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am also in the Seattle area, so how do they perform in the rain and grip on highways, I currently have the Nitto 420's and want to improve on the grip.

thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have 255/45/20's all the way around on my car and have put about 3000 miles on them... and love them!!!

Handles great and wears very even...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
my comments are the same as everyones above. bradc is right on the money. our cars with break anything loose without some finesse, haha.

i am running 275/40/20s, they look aggressive the car definitley grips and goes worlds better than the F1s. i will certainly get these again, great tires.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I am also in the Seattle area, so how do they perform in the rain and grip on highways, I currently have the Nitto 420's and want to improve on the grip.

thanks
I have the 420s on my Denali. The INVOs are a much better tire for these cars.
Like I mentioned, very impressed in the rain. You wouldn't think theyd be as good as they are by just looking at them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts