Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago we nearly got rear ended on the crippled Pensacola interstate bridge (Ivan nearly took it out). Turns out the guy had a reason-
absolutely no brake lights. I have checked fuses, seem OK. So does wiring to
brake light switch. Any weak links in the system known? Not looking forward to the 100 mile round trip to the dealer and the Stratus they will give me. :eek:

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Haven't heard this one before... don't know if it's even accessible, but have you checked the wiring at the lights?
Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's been a while since this was originally posted, but this just happened to me tonight in my 2006 Touring. My girlfriend was behind me and reported that my 3rd brakelight was working, but not the main two. The rear running lights were working (this is at night), but they didn't increase in brightness when braking. After we got on and off the highway (10 minute trip), all lights worked normally.

Anyone else run into this?

-Christian

·
Registered
46 Posts
MHC said:
It's been a while since this was originally posted, but this just happened to me tonight in my 2006 Touring. My girlfriend was behind me and reported that my 3rd brakelight was working, but not the main two. The rear running lights were working (this is at night), but they didn't increase in brightness when braking. After we got on and off the highway (10 minute trip), all lights worked normally.

Anyone else run into this?

-Christian
I don't know about the 300, but I had a similar issue 20 years ago! in an 84 Tbird. Brake lights worked intermittently. Problem was tracked down to a bad electrical connection on the brake pedal switch. The switch had a crimp-on connector and the wires were loose. I re-crimped the connector and drove the car for 12 years without another failure. Just something to check.

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts