Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)

Greatly appreciated if anyone has any thoughts on this problem.... I couldn't find any previous discussion on the subject.

The night before there was a big electrical storm and I guess a lightening strike somewhere very close to my car. All the street lights are off on our street tonight........serious electrical storm :)

I went to start my car this morning and found it was completely dead. No response from the car when trying to open it with the key fob. Nothing when trying to turn the key in the ignition.

I tried to jump start the car this afternoon (incase I had just left lights on) with a healthy battery/vehicle and still got absolutely no response. Had to open the trunk/boot by climbing through the back seat to try the jump start as the trunk/boot open did not work.

Opened the fuse box but was a blind man. Any ideas? Circuit breakers or specific fuses to check / replace? Has anyone experienced this previously?

Would be great if anyone could help.

Thanks,

Luke

·
Registered
427 Posts
FYI....there are jumper posts under the hood, no need to climb through the back seats. As for the other part, if the lightning strike was that close, there is a chance that something got fried.

Good Luck!

·
Administrator
13,060 Posts
I would start with replacing all the relays in both power centers. A large enough surge can wreck them.

Pull the PCM fuse and replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts