Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting for 2.5 months to get the car shipped (already made 3 payments including insurance) from MI to WA, it finally arrived (with only a 30 minute notice).

Good thing I called in sick (well...I really am feeling like chit) so I could be home to retrieve this car.

she looks beautiful! Haven't had time to drive it. I'm currently working from home (VPN) and I'm sick as a dog. But I have to go to the DOL any way to get plates/tabs and a new insurance card from my local SF agent.

:arms:

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
DRAMA!! It's about time!!!
Big congrats teahead, hope the Mrs. enjoys the ride :)
Post both your impressions soon...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Whats that big scratch along the side?
Made ya look ha ha!
Man I don't know how you did it, I would have gone nuts waiting for that beast.
Congradulations!

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Congrats on finally now having a car to drive instead of wondering if it will ever arrive. They must have made you one sweet deal down in FL. to have waited that long for any car, making payments on a car that you can't drive, etc. I know when you order one, it may take some time, but to know it is in and have to wait that long to take ownership. That is one reason I never make a deal from so far away, then have to try and get it transported, etc. I read the problem you had with the last transport Co. to, sorry for the bad times getting your baby. Now that you did, get out there and lay some rubber,lol. How did a 300 from Miami end up with (say it ain't so) Mud Flaps on the car? Tell me that didn't come OEM for a Miami bound car. Laterz. Again congrats teahead on finally getting your SRT.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
Glad you finally got the delivery thing done... CONGRATS!

·
Registered
701 Posts
FreebirdSRT said:
... How did a 300 from Miami end up with (say it ain't so) Mud Flaps on the car? Tell me that didn't come OEM for a Miami bound car.
FWIW mine came with (ahem) spashguards too. I bought mine from a dealer in Massachusetts. It wasn't an option 'cause mine was supposedly stripped and the dealership said they didn't add them. Well it's fine with me, it might protect the paint.

Did anyone get a black SRT8 without splashguards? Did anyone get a non-black SRT8 with them (and then are they painted)?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
FreebirdSRT said:
Congrats on finally now having a car to drive instead of wondering if it will ever arrive. They must have made you one sweet deal down in FL. to have waited that long for any car, making payments on a car that you can't drive, etc. I know when you order one, it may take some time, but to know it is in and have to wait that long to take ownership. That is one reason I never make a deal from so far away, then have to try and get it transported, etc. I read the problem you had with the last transport Co. to, sorry for the bad times getting your baby. Now that you did, get out there and lay some rubber,lol. How did a 300 from Miami end up with (say it ain't so) Mud Flaps on the car? Tell me that didn't come OEM for a Miami bound car. Laterz. Again congrats teahead on finally getting your SRT.
Actually, the car came from Michigan. Hence the mudflaps. Lots of SRT8s there.

At least they (dealer) didn't screw holes in the front facia for the license plate (not needed in MI, but here in WA need them). Gonna try to run w/o a front plate. But keep it handy to put on the windshield if an officer gets persnickity.

I may just leave those suckers on until the spring. I'll need to consult w/the wife on that.

She's sold on me removing the side moulding. However, she wants chrome handles on her. Egads. Guess I have to figure out how to remove the door panels. The handles should be here any minute from Wyckoff.

I gotta quickly install the McGard lugnuts before someone at her school rips them off. Also gotta install the Ultimate Pedals and that Lamin-x headlight protectors. I may take the latter off it it looks too gimicky (yes, they're blue).

Can't wait until the Hotchis springs come in to lower it a bit more. I can't imagine lowering it much more. Hell, the front lower lip facia scraped on the flat bed truck unloading her. Gasp!:pat: Didn't cause any damage though.

It's a sunny day here in Seattle so I'm going to give her a quick wash before I drive her down to the DOL and State Farm agent. I guess tonight, the Mrs. and I will be reading through the manuals to figure out all the toys on this beast.

:drive:

Will have to take more pics too.

Now....for more drama....when will those darn Bonspeed wheels get made! The Mrs. BETTER NOT scrape those SRT8 wheels in the mean time! Gottta keep them attractive to sell.

·
Registered
252 Posts
congrats and enjoy your new beast. your hellish ordeal is finally over. lol you lucky bastard i want a SRT8:01:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
urbanchemist said:
congrats and enjoy your new beast. your hellish ordeal is finally over. lol you lucky bastard i want a SRT8:01:

Your satin jade 300c is beautiful. Enjoy the better gas mileage and cheaper insurance on your 300c! I love the color too; not going to have fun keeping this black car clean.:684:

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!! I Live In Toronto Not To Far Away From The Plant Where They Make The Chrysler 300. I Probably Saw Your Ride On The Trailer On The Highway. I See So Many On The Trailers On The Highway Everyday Going To The States. Supposevly 8o,ooo Are On Back Order For The States!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
teahead said:
Actually, the car came from Michigan. Hence the mudflaps. Lots of SRT8s there. Michigan, I can understand flappers there, but not in Miami,lol.

At least they (dealer) didn't screw holes in the front facia for the license plate (not needed in MI, but here in WA need them). Gonna try to run w/o a front plate. But keep it handy to put on the windshield if an officer gets persnickity.My DCX dealer drilled into my fascia even after I told them not to. At least my buddy owns a paint/body shop. I keep my front plate tucked in between the passenger visor and headliner. When I am getting pulled over, I throw it into the passenger corner of the front window. Say it was there all along.

I may just leave those suckers on until the spring. I'll need to consult w/the wife on that.

She's sold on me removing the side moulding. However, she wants chrome handles on her. Egads. Guess I have to figure out how to remove the door panels. Does she want the exterior side moulding removed? If so which door panels are you going to remove and why? Simply heat one end with a hair dryer, cover a flat head with a towel to protect your paint. Slowly pry up the heated end until you can get your finger behind the moulding. Heat up the rest of the moulding as you peel it back. The car is new enough that it should almost pull off when you get a corner started. Any glue residue left over, spray WD-40 on a 100% cotton towel and work the residue off that way. It is oil based, won't scratch the paint. Then wash off the WD-40 off of the car. The only holes in our 300 from emblems, mouldings is the chrysler wing trunk emblem (notice the electrical tape over the trunk holes)

I gotta quickly install the McGard lugnuts before someone at her school rips them off. Also gotta install the Ultimate Pedals and that Lamin-x headlight protectors. I may take the latter off it it looks too gimicky (yes, they're blue).

Can't wait until the Hotchis springs come in to lower it a bit more. I can't imagine lowering it much more. Hell, the front lower lip facia scraped on the flat bed truck unloading her. Gasp!:pat: Didn't cause any damage though.

It's a sunny day here in Seattle so I'm going to give her a quick wash before I drive her down to the DOL and State Farm agent. I guess tonight, the Mrs. and I will be reading through the manuals to figure out all the toys on this beast.

:drive: I do hope this is how Mr. and Mrs. Teahead are feeling at the moment,lol. "They're going the Distance, they're going for speed"

Will have to take more pics too.

Now....for more drama....when will those darn Bonspeed wheels get made! Call Bonspeed and ask to speak to Bill Hancock. He is head of Bonspeed for www.uswheel.com. When I spoke with Bill back in early January, he said you get put at the end, no bumping, as the orders are taken in and they were working on 4/6 weeks out if I ordered in January. Bonspeeds are not just built and sent to stores. Each set is made for each different customer, one set at a time. You might want to find out how far back you are in the line, to be made. The Mrs. BETTER NOT scrape those SRT8 wheels in the mean time! Gottta keep them attractive to sell.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FREEBIRD, I'll need to remove the door panels to remove and replace the black outside door handles with some chrome ones (like the 300c).

I suggested the moulding removal as it's easier to clean/wax the car w/o them and they look better removed IMHO.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
It is finally TEATIME!! Congrats on finally getting your car. I still can't believe you had to wait all that time for it to be shipped-- while still making payments. Now I've been waiting since Mar 05 to have mine built-so I can imagine the feeling you're having at this time. Enjoy!!:)

Oh by the way- when did you say you were going to put on that BIG RR Grill and Lambo doors??:) :439: :haha: :kidding:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
We are all happy that the BIG day finally came. Enjoy the car to it's utmost, it's been a long wait for you. Congratulations to ya..:naughty:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on the CAR! She's a beauty!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks folks. Wife absolutely loves it.

However, I can't seem to get the memory seat thing to work. I.e. isn't it supposed to move back the seat when you have the key out and you open the door? It doesn't.

I tried programming having the seat back when you get out, but when I lock the door w/the remote, unlock it, the seat starts moving TOO SOON in its memory position. It's not supposed to do that until I buckle the seat or put the ignition on.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Other than that (and the average of 10MPG so far!), the car drives real nice. Actually drives smoother than I thought. Hope the Hotchkis springs won't make it any rougher.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts