Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all!! It's been a while since I have posted, but I just purchased the 2013 300 "Motown Edition" in White! Only problem is, I was not able to get my car with the navigation although it has the Uconnect 8.4 touchscreen radio. Does anyone know if I can add an aftermarket navigation unit and a back-up camera to the existing screen without altering the console?? Other than that small flaw the car is unbelievable and worth every penny! Please help, if possible...I live in New York! Thanks a bunch, Sincerely,
22"REVOLVERS

P.S. I will be posting pics of my new car soon!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hello to all!! It's been a while since I have posted, but I just purchased the 2013 300 "Motown Edition" in White! Only problem is, I was not able to get my car with the navigation although it has the Uconnect 8.4 touchscreen radio. Does anyone know if I can add an aftermarket navigation unit and a back-up camera to the existing screen without altering the console?? Other than that small flaw the car is unbelievable and worth every penny! Please help, if possible...I live in New York! Thanks a bunch, Sincerely,
22"REVOLVERS

P.S. I will be posting pics of my new car soon!!!
Co workers wife bought one w/o nav and had the dealer add the factory unit. They seem pleased with it.

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
And yes you can go aftermarket. What size is the stock radio? Most NAV unit are double DIN sized so if you have a 1.5 DIN head unit you have two choices...go with a flip out screen or get a double DIN bezel as is used in the cars with OEM NAV systems in them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you can find a used RB5 NAV unit from the same model year vehicle, it's a direct swap. You don't even have to replace the screen; it's just the receiver unit that needs to be swapped. Otherwise the dealer can do the swap with a new unit. Much pricier.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Given that it would be crazy to swap that unit for a new feature, I agree it seems this is a software activation.

I suspect there may be some additional parts such as the GPS antenna, etc. And OP did mention wanting the back up camera? Sometimes this option is added (driver convenience I think) even when there is no NAV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate all of your answers and will be looking for RB5 NAV UNIT. It definitely makes sense to just swap out the receiver, because the touchscreen monitor is exactly the same. I will let everyone know how it works out, and also more importantly the price. If this is inexpensive, it's something to think about when buying a new car. Thank you, Sincerely,
22" Revolvers"

·
Registered
749 Posts
Be sure to buy an RB5 corresponding with your year model. They do not work interchangeably. I put a 2012 RB5 in my 2011, everything but nav worked. But once I installed a 2011 RB5, it worked just fine.

I purchased mine from LKQ of Belleville, MI for $265. Call them up and see if they have any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts