Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - 2010 300C CRD and the passenger power window stopped working (not operable from driver or passenger switches), have checked window lock out switch not selected. Noticed that the illumination for the passenger side window switch isn't present and also that the power passenger mirror adjustment will not work either, indicating power loss to mirror and window (common fuse somewhere...?). The power mirror fold though is ok.

From the little detail in the owner's manual I couldn't see a single fuse common to both but hoping someone has already been through this and can help!

Many thanks.

Matt.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If you disconnect the concertina type rubber cover in the door jamb you will see a connector where all the wires pass through from the main body of the car to the door itself. Sometimes the wires snap in this area.

Jack

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Jack - had a look at the concertina rubber cover and I couldnt remove it - it is a plug/socket arrangement from door into car body?
There were 4 areas on the rubber cover that had "push" written on then presumably in order to release the cover but this was too fiddly and I couldn't get it to budge.

Am I grasping at straws in thinking it could be fuse related (i.e. a single fuse that feeds the power mirror and window)?

ANy ideas really welcome and thanks again.

Matt.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
No won't be a fuse, its a common supply.

I would check behind the rubber boot first. The wires do sometimes fail in that area.
I've never had the rubber boot off but think its just a case of prising/tugging and levering.
There is a connector in the door side.

Could obviously be something other than wires, but it is the most likely bet.

Jack

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Window problem solved

Hi - thought I'd let you know tha latest on the window and mirror problem.
I eventually, as a last resort, unplugged the top connector ( I think this contained power) to the passenger door module; waited, then reconnected. This fixed the problem and the power window and mirror now work.

I work in I.T. and it looks the same resolution to faults also applies to Chryslers as in switch it off and on....see if it work!

Cheers.
Matt.

·
Registered
390 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Matt

Seems I've got exactly the same problem. Passenger window and mirror adjustment showing no sign of life.

Quick question - where is the passenger door module? Does the door trim need to come off to get to it, or is it accessible in the door jamb after getting the rubber boot off? (I've not made any attempt to find it yet - thought it'd be easier to ask first!)

Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Module is behind the panel. I have a few good used ones if needed
Yes your right the module is behind the door card, but i think the poster is still referring to the connector in the door jamb which does not involve remove removing the door card.

Also stilll bear in mind my previous post. The wires in the door jamb are a common problem and do sometimes break and need extending because chrysler in their wisdom leave the wires very short.

If unplugging the jamb connector cured it for poster above i dont see why just disconnecting the battery shouldnt do a similar job. Bear in mind the steering angle sensor reset though.

jack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Window problem solved

Hi - thought I'd let you know tha latest on the window and mirror problem.
I eventually, as a last resort, unplugged the top connector ( I think this contained power) to the passenger door module; waited, then reconnected. This fixed the problem and the power window and mirror now work.

I work in I.T. and it looks the same resolution to faults also applies to Chryslers as in switch it off and on....see if it work!

Cheers.
Matt.
Having the exact same problem. What do you mean by you unplugged the top connector ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts