Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately in my Silver Charger SRT-8 I've come across two black 3SRT-8s where the driver didn't even acknowledge my car or existence (same guy?). I always wave to the SRT-8s guys.

First time in Milpitas, 2nd time in Campbell/San Jose. What's up?

·
Registered
267 Posts
i always do the same to mag/charger/jeep srt-8 guys or a slight polite honk. But most never even know whats going on.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
no respect

One thing I have never gotten in this car is any respect from other drivers. I could care less what they think, I'm a driver, not a poseur!

The people I want to know almost always do. A recent trip to a local GMC dealer for truck parts had a group of 4 enthusiasts waiting for me when I came out. I ended up taking the service writer for a ride. He owns a 32 valve cobra and could not believe how much grunt the big Hemi has!

·
Registered
218 Posts
i tryed to start something by just flashing my fogs at other 300's (modded) and other lx's ... it hasn't really caught on but i do get a waive from other 300's and chargers in my area , then again its usually after we finish racing :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Personally, I don't wave to or acknowledge other owners of 300s or SRT8s, just not something I do. My wife and her Mini and the other owners of Mini Coopers on the other hand . . . OMG, insane. Perhaps that's why I don't go that route as well. Seems a little silly to me, but to each his/her own.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Yeah, there are some car owners who buy it for status. People who buy for status want to look down at everyone else.

Before my SRT8 I had a BMW, and a Vette.
9 out of 10 'Vette owners would give a wave or thumbs up.
1 out of 240 BMW owners would even look over.

Since the 300 comes in so many flavors, only a small percentage are car nuts. Yesterday at Home Depot, two 300c's were parked close by: One in the disabled spot with an 80-something, and across from that was a 20-something all bling'd out.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
I'm also a Corvette owner and we usually always wave at eachother. I think it's even listed in the Corvette Owners Manual :) I've talked to another SRT-8 owner when I came out of the post office a few weeks ago. There aren't many in this area and I didn't have mine but I wanted to know how he liked the car. Of course, he loves it :)

·
Registered
14,781 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Get electric cutouts and EVERYONE will look at you. The enthusiasts have their jaws on the ground and all the others are looking around wondering what the hell is coming toward them.
I drove by the dealership on Friday and four service people ran out when they heard me coming. They were in awe and I hadn't even revved it up yet. The counter guy said, "that's how it SHOULD sound."

·
Registered
504 Posts
Doyle said:
Personally, I don't wave to or acknowledge other owners of 300s or SRT8s, just not something I do. My wife and her Mini and the other owners of Mini Coopers on the other hand . . . OMG, insane. Perhaps that's why I don't go that route as well. Seems a little silly to me, but to each his/her own.
The Mini wave is definitely that way, I get and return waves in ours all the time-carryover relic from the bygone days of real British sports cars, Ask HealyRick, he'll know. Considering the new Mini's are going on 5 years now, its been pretty durable. I don't know about SRT8 wave since I've only encountered 2 in 2 years and we both were going too fast to wave anyhow:biggrin:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well I Will Tell You That So Far Here In Delaware I Have Never Had A 300 / 300c / Srt8 Owner Wave To Me; Maybe They Are Not Into It;
Or Maybe They Are To Busy Or Maybe They Are Afraid To Wave To The Mafia Mobile; Ya Know Black - Low Profie - Dark Tint On Windows -scary Lic. Plate - Etc.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Yeah Right The Truth Is People Are In Such A Rush With Life - That They Done Enjoy The Ride And Ultimately Turn Into Snobs

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here in Ohio I swear there arent any SRTs of any kind....Jeep Chrysler or Dodge..so I dont have the pleasure of even trying to wave to someone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
kmag51 said:
Here in Ohio I swear there arent any SRTs of any kind....Jeep Chrysler or Dodge..so I dont have the pleasure of even trying to wave to someone.
I've had my CSRT-8 since Jan. 06 and have never ever seen another one on the road. I would like to know if there are any in the area.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts