Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reported the corroded alloys since end of march and been told chrysler approved the replacement. Till today dealer saying that they have no replacement once. WTF ???They saing it might take 1 more month to receive them (end of june?!?). Do they try to make it longer so my warranty runs out or ..???:smashfrea

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Florin_m,

Why not phone the parts department and ask how long to order a set of alloys and see what they say. What dealership was it? I have been to MM in Glasgow and I am still waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
If you reported anything covered under warranty and its still ongoing even after the warranty expires you will be ok

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dealer in Stockton on Tees told me the same thing 3 weeks ago. Chrysler said they would agree to change the wheels but they dont have any. Suppose the longer we wait the longer they will last before they start to corrode again.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I can't complain - it was only Wednesday there that I finally went to the dealers to get the photos taken. As the car is not yet a year old it looks like an annual thing as far as I can see.
Cheers John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Peeps. (sorry for the repitition as my answer's in another post).

Allegedly the wheels are on back order probably due to the release of the new wheels (for the newer model) and the manufacturer reducing the number of old style wheels available for replacement

Maybe a strongly worded letter (perhaps with a large group of signatures) to the sales director or the UK MD of DC? Perhaps a mention of going to the media might do something.

I suggested replacing with the newer type wheels or those similar to the SRT Design. Obviously the dealer said that was a "no can do" but it seems to me that if enough of us approach as one it may express the strength of feeling.

rgds

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
You may well have a point on a mass letter although how that can be arranged I don't know. We can certainly list names and address if need be but signatures are a longer task.
Cheers John

·
Registered
184 Posts
hmmm, there's a couple of ways maybe.

1. a single letter template with different individual details such as owner name, vin number, reg number, dealer details but all worded saying we're unhappy with the level of customer service, the quality of the parts etc etc. Send them all recorded delivery to the UK MD on the same day with next day delivery (yes it will cost a bit but we can put in the letter that we expect that cost to be refunded).

as an addition we could say that if we don't get the required response we'll go to the media. I think they'd lap this sort of stuff up as it's almost like a "class action". DC wouldn't want the negative press i'm sure.

2. single email with similar details sent directly to UK MD or Sales director on the same day. We could organise to send one day next week or early week after. Indeed we could do both 1 and 2 to ensure they get the message.

3. I could look into setting up a dedicated domain name (something along the lines of 300c-owners.org). This would come with email addresses so we could send emails to DC as a unified bunch. There's obviously a cost with that but i'll see what further examination brings.

anyhow, just a couple of ideas for anyone/everyone to mull over.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hmmm, there's a couple of ways maybe.

1. a single letter template with different individual details such as owner name, vin number, reg number, dealer details but all worded saying we're unhappy with the level of customer service, the quality of the parts etc etc. Send them all recorded delivery to the UK MD on the same day with next day delivery (yes it will cost a bit but we can put in the letter that we expect that cost to be refunded).

as an addition we could say that if we don't get the required response we'll go to the media. I think they'd lap this sort of stuff up as it's almost like a "class action". DC wouldn't want the negative press i'm sure.

2. single email with similar details sent directly to UK MD or Sales director on the same day. We could organise to send one day next week or early week after. Indeed we could do both 1 and 2 to ensure they get the message.

3. I could look into setting up a dedicated domain name (something along the lines of 300c-owners.org). This would come with email addresses so we could send emails to DC as a unified bunch. There's obviously a cost with that but i'll see what further examination brings.

anyhow, just a couple of ideas for anyone/everyone to mull over.
Like your ideas. My 4000 mile, one year old 300CRD is due it's first service and is waiting for wheels from Chrysler. I'm hoping that all works out fine and I can have both jobs done at the same time but, reading between the lines,and having recently spoken to my dealer, I think the "wheel shortage" thingy is being swung on me. I to have asked for 2008 wheels, even down to saying I would be prepared to negotiate but the inference is "no chance". My em address is [email protected]. (Please make sure to put CHRYSLER WHEELS in the header to avoid being spammed!)By all means count me in on any group action to be put into place. Regards. Merlin.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My new wheels are being fitted tomorrow after a wait of two months. I think they got fed up with the regular weekly phone call!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm not sure whether there's any legal peeps amongst us who're interested in drafting a letter of some sort. If not, I'll write up something in word and post here as an attachment.

can you let me know either way ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Went to my local dealer in March with several issues, Wheels showing sign of corrosion, startech grill with small bubbles around the perimeter, knocking sound coming from the rear offside suspension, They took photo's of the wheels and grill and where going to contact Chrysler.
After a month no response rang the dealer three times no response, so last week decided to call in again, they said that Chrysler had not replied to the claim, and would contact them again.
To-day received a phone call from the dealer Chrysler would replace all four wheels but unfortunately the wheels where on back order and take up to three to four weeks for the replacements to arrive.
When I asked about the startech grill they said that Chrysler would only deal
with one claim at a time and would have to submit a separate claim for a replacement grill after the wheels have been fitted. (Any one else had this problem.)
This is my second 300C and have been extremely happy with both cars but the service given by the dealer on this occasion is quickly changing my mind.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Please count me in, I'm all for joining the protest. Original wheels were replaced under Warranty after photos etc. When I got the car back I noticed that the laquer finish had already started to go on a couple of them right next to where they put the balancing weights.

Advised the dealer and was told they would need to photograph them again before another claim could be made. I hadn't even driven the car by this time but what can you do - you need the wheels on the car in order to move it. Some weeks later they managed the photo shoot and now we wait.

I will happily send email; snail mail; recorded; registered, phone call just keep me up to date with how you want to progress it and when.

Derick

·
Registered
6 Posts
evening all.
has anybody any experience with stratstones , over replacing wheels?
i bought my tourer back in feb & so far love her but the wheels have started to bubble , there's no scuffs ( cause i won't let the misses drive it !! )
i am yet to report but interested in any feedback ..
cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just back in uk and gave my dealer a call again. Seems still no weels replacement for my car!!!!
Called chryesler directly now. They said they will chase it. Let's see the results. Next call is trading standards. I'm sick of this poor service :(.

·
Registered
448 Posts
just back in uk and gave my dealer a call again. Seems still no weels replacement for my car!!!!
Called chryesler directly now. They said they will chase it. Let's see the results. Next call is trading standards. I'm sick of this poor service :(.
That is a really strange coincidence Florin, as I have had a call from MM in Stirling this morning, saying that my new wheels are now in, and they will be fitting them on Tuesday next week.

We go to the same dealer do we not??

Something strange going on I think.

I hope they manage to balance them properly this time, I've had a wheel wobble which was never fully sorted since the last time they replaced them. One of the rears has more stick-on weights on it than a dodgy greengrocer's scales.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi UK members: I have not heard any one in Australia experiencing corrosion problems with their wheels. Is this something that only happens in the UK. Pardon my ignorance. Is it because of salt on the road or something similar that may be causing the problem.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi UK members: I have not heard any one in Australia experiencing corrosion problems with their wheels. Is this something that only happens in the UK. Pardon my ignorance. Is it because of salt on the road or something similar that may be causing the problem.
Could be salt, but mine were kept squeaky clean throughout the winter, and when I got my first set of replacements, I had coated them with several layers of "poorboys world" wheel wax, inside and out, making sure there was plenty around the centre cap.

8 months after fitting, they were showing signs of corrosion.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts