Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have installed my DDX712 in to my 300C Chrysler 2007, I was supplied with the complete harness to hook plug and play from Kenwood, including the steering harness, also installed the Kenwood nav and Bluetooth all this works, except I get no sound, I did once in the beginning but after turning off the car, it did not come back, any advice would be of help:pat:

Regards

Pierre Vreeman

·
Registered
931 Posts
sounds like your amplifier is not getting the signal to turn on. if it worked in the beginning, then your wiring should be correct. try checking your fuses, is all the advice i can think to give.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks anyway

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
thought I answered this?

hmm..

are you using a pac-audio C2R-CHY or similar, if not your amp will not turn on..

the amp is not powered by an ACC wire, but by the canbus, so you need a canbus interface to power it up.. or no sound...

if you have an interface, make sure the blue wire with the white stripe on the interface (remote wire) is connected to the remote wire on the Kenwood (should also be blue/white)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just took out the amp and straight connected from the amp wires to the Kenwood, all working:fing02:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as the Pac can yes I had both the, but called Pac for support and they were so rude to me, and even hung up on me and I was calling from Norway, so I took it out and will order a kenwood steering module

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
As far as the Pac can yes I had both the, but called Pac for support and they were so rude to me, and even hung up on me and I was calling from Norway, so I took it out and will order a kenwood steering module
sorry to here that..

next time if you have to deal with PAC pm me.. I beta test all the Chrysler and Toyota stuff for them, they are local to me and I can usually get help for members without the issues typically faced when calling a tech support call center..

Marc-

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK
When I install the amp and sub woofer I will reconnect the can and jack to see if the steering controls will work,maybe since the wire hookup was wrong for the speakers and corrected it may now work, keep in mind I took out the stock amp,and I have been told if you take out the stock amp the steering controls are lost:grouphug:

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
OK
When I install the amp and sub woofer I will reconnect the can and jack to see if the steering controls will work,maybe since the wire hookup was wrong for the speakers and corrected it may now work, keep in mind I took out the stock amp,and I have been told if you take out the stock amp the steering controls are lost:grouphug:
nope..

if that was the case mine would be dead as well..

my amp is not only removed from the car physically, but I also removed it from the canbus with my star scan, so the car doesn't even search for it..

this was done to stop the canbus from throwing out the "unable to locate" radio and amp codes, and all the "invalid" signal codes on speaker channels 1 thru 7

when you disconnect the amp, the Canbus throws tons of DTC codes for the missing part...

with the star scan you can tell the car that the part is no longer in the network loop..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts