Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The volume stopped working completely! Has anyone else had that problem? Anyone know what the fix is? The NAV voice comes in but I can't raise the volume. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
175 Posts
BryanS said:
The volume stopped working completely! Has anyone else had that problem? Anyone know what the fix is? The NAV voice comes in but I can't raise the volume. :mad: :mad:
Can you hear the radio at all? I would say to see if the mute button was pressed by accident.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I put a CD into the radio i noticed there was no sound. I tried to adjust the volume and all it did was go down to 0 which put it on mute. If you press the mute button it will show the mute symbol and when you press the volume buttons it remove the mute symbol but continues to show 0.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be very happy if it started working tomorrow. I have relatives in town and it really sucks having a brand new 40K car with a radio that doesn't work. It has to go back to the dealership for bad brakes soon anyway, but it would be really helpful if it would work at least tomorrow.

Anyone else have the same problem?

·
Registered
437 Posts
My radio wouldn't work one morning, the screen was blank(I just have the radio, no nav.)but I could still see stations in the evic and I could change them with the controls on the wheel but no sound.
Another time I turned the radio off before shutting the car off, the next time I started the car, I couldn't get the radio to work at all.
These problems magically fixed themselves both times after the car sat overnight. :confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
We have noticed that you cannot change volume if the Nav system is up on the screen. We can only change radio or Sirius volume when they are selected on teh Nav screen. It was a little disconcerting until we found that by switching back to radio on the screen we can then change volume.
:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats strange - I have always been able to adjust volume - even if the NAV screen was up. Weird.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had the No Volume problem at few times in 8 months. One time it was a hot summer day and the car was sitting outside for the whole day. When I got in, it was blazing hot and the radio was down to MUTE. i tried to turn up, the volume, but nothing. Not even the steering wheel buttons worked. After ten minutes I was able to get it to Vol:3, but then it ended up dropping back to zero. I think it might have had something to do with the heat, cuz after about 15 mins it worked fine. Then, another time, it was sitting outside for a while in the cold, and the same thing, MUTE. Nothing worked to raise the volume...problem corrected itself after 2 minutes. The third time I went out to the car to take a CD out of the changer so I could listen to it inside the house. I just ejected the CD without starting the car. Then the next time i got in, No Volume. Turned off car and restarted 30 seconds later and problem was gone. Haven't wasted my time at the dealer yet....because I know the "cannot duplicate" problem. :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
BryanS said:
I've had my car for about 1 1/2 months. I've had a similar problem several times (10 maybe). I listen to sirius radio, but when I get back in the car and start it, I notice it is on FM with no volume. I turn the volume up and down but nothing. Then I press the music note button on the steering wheel to change it back to sirius and everything returns to normal. I'm guessing my issue is a software bug. I'm on the latest version (3.61) so maybe there will be a fix soon as I've seen a few other posts complaining about the same issue. I have the radio II package with no Navigation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
dsharp said:
I've had my car for about 1 1/2 months. I've had a similar problem several times (10 maybe). I listen to sirius radio, but when I get back in the car and start it, I notice it is on FM with no volume. I turn the volume up and down but nothing. Then I press the music note button on the steering wheel to change it back to sirius and everything returns to normal. I'm guessing my issue is a software bug. I'm on the latest version (3.61) so maybe there will be a fix soon as I've seen a few other posts complaining about the same issue. I have the radio II package with no Navigation.
My 300C does the same thing but I have software version 3.60 (Dealer has a problem upgrading the software). And I use the same solution.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too have had the no volume problem, when i first get in, in the morning all i see is "FM" and cannot adjust the volume, so i too hit the musical note button and all returns to normal. I'd say it has happened 5 times in 3000 miles!!.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but, this morning, while I was awaiting for my wife in the doctors, I was in the car listening to Sat. After turning off the ignition, I went inside to get somethiing. When I came out, the radio was on fm, even though I left it on Sat. There was no volume whatsoever. When I turned the volume control it just read mute. Switched back and forth between am,fm, and cd. No volume. I tried to switch to Sat. and it wouldn't switch over. Tried the volume control on the wheel, nothing. I turned the unit off.

Ten minutes later, my wife came out. I tell her the problem and when I turn on the radio, everything is fine. Of course, she says I have mental issues with my car. She thinks I'm absolutely obsessed with finding problems.

Anyway, has anyone ever gotten down to what the problem is? Like someone else mentioned, If I say something to the dealer, I will just get the standard reply, " Cannot duplicate problem". Is this car posessed, or what?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have the problem once in awhile too. The way I get it working again is to switch the source to Satelite and it starts working again. The sound will not come back unless I switch to Satelite. I have the exact same symptoms where I come back and the source is on FM even though I left it listening to Sirius. There is another thread about this somewhere, someone stated that the AMPS were throwing error codes and the dealer updated that software and has not had the problem again. I'll try to find the thread later.

·
Registered
162 Posts
When the dealer replaced my nav unit, they couldn't get any sound out of it until the climate control directly below it was re-installed. As soon as the climate controls were plugged in the sound worked. Took them an hour to figure it out. I doubt it has anything to do with above but you never know. The amplifier can die and the NAV will still have sound. Might also be a fuse to the amp or a bad amp.

·
Registered
323 Posts
jeepgrady said:
But, as I stated in my thread, I couldn't switch to Sat. The radio wouldn't let me.
Yep, I had read that, but I the rest of the symptoms were the same. I just wanted to mention that someone stated that the amps were throwing error codes and that was supposedly what was causing the problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had the same thing happen 2 times in 2200 miles. After shutting the ignition off for a couple of minutes, the sound would return. Seems like many of these cars have some kind of glitch in the audio system that I know DC will never bother to figure out what is causing it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I found a TSB, # 08-016-04 which states that vehicles built prior to 5/10/04 with the premium sound system may have this problem. It states that the problem is very difficult to replicate.

I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow for some other issues. I will bring it to their attention.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts