Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal. I have changed everything on the front end and the car is making a noise while the car is not moving while turning left or right and going straight but doesn't do it all the time. The car has been to three different shop including the dealership and no one can pinpoint what the sound is. It's coming from the left side wheel area. Any suggestions on what it may be. The car is a 06 300 srt

·
Registered
164 Posts
What is "everything?"

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything on the front end upper and lower control arms, ball joints, sway bar links, struts assembly, sway bar bushings, but the shop its at now say my steering shaft is making the noise so hopefully thats the problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
OKAY also have an 06 300 c went thru a lot of the front noise problems ! replaced a lot of parts during the course of finding the noise !!! In the end it was a stupidly simple fix !!! The sway bar bushing !!! ya did the replacement ...twice ...noise went away for awhile and came back !!! quick, cheap fix, take some small zip ties ...get the car up on a platform or lift so it sit's level, look at the sway bar bushings and start lubing and sliding the zip ties in the space on the bottom of the bushing /rod hole !! The small zip ties will slide all the way in , and as the space gets tighter you can force them all the way in with pliers ! put the car back on the ground and enjy the silence !! There were 3 different diameter swaybars ,personally I think even if you measure the 1 u have the noise will continue...zip ties are the cheapest fix I've ever found !!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything on the front end upper and lower control arms, ball joints, sway bar links, struts assembly, sway bar bushings, but the shop its at now say my steering shaft is making the noise so hopefully thats the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced the steering shaft and the creaking and popping noise still there. My mechanic says everything is tight. He still has the car but now he thinking since everything is new but the ball joints which was replaced in 2019 was a set of cheap ones off ebay may be worn but so shows no signs of damage. They are the only thing I haven't changed out again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts